Sign in to follow this  
chris_9011

Midlands newbie...

Hi all, my name's Chris and I have just taken a deposit on my MR2 to be able to take ownership of a lovely Supercharged GT86...

557EE3DF-E40D-4347-82CC-E59756FAF91C_zps

The GT86 is currently stored at my parents house until the 28th January when the MR2 is being collected and driven back to it's new home in Germany (only got a 2 car drive, and traffic wardens have itchy trigger fingers around our area, lol)

I have owned MR2's now for the past 15 years, having one of each revision over that time in various different engine specs (3x N/A's and 2x Turbo's), and the constant requirement to need to work on them every other weekend has made me make the decision to go for something newer and less likely to need maintenance. I have been a member of MR2OC since it's start date back n 2003, and have the privilege to have been made a moderator of the site around 12 years ago, and am also one of the team who organise the clubs presence at JAE on a yearly basis. I am also a member of IMOC too where I am an affiliate as I make and sell gas ram kits to suit the 'frunk' and engine lid.

Some may recognise the GT86 as Fimmo's old car, and yes it is... it's a HKS supercharged 2013 model, with a full mapping session and a full colour matched 5-axis bodykit. There are a few things I want to do to it to make it my own, but I'm in no rush and just want to drive it for now...

Some of you who regularly attend JAE might recognise the MR2 also, at last years show it dragged the TRD Trailer behind it (for a bit of a laugh ;-) )... 
DSC_5803_zpsweyvu58b.jpg

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all more over the coming years... and using the forum to gain as much knowledge about the GT86 as I have about the MR2

Welcome to the club :) I do indeed recall seeing that MR2 at JAE, we share our stand with IMOC for the added social factor. Midlands is beginning to get rather busy with 86's and BRZ's lately! Hopefullly see you at some point.

Also thumbs up for the five axis :D 

Welcome Chris, I think I may have seen your car before due to my time with MR2's and IMOC. I know Barry's car. The good news is, I think he spent more time polishing it than driving it, but it's a clean machine. Bet you can't wait! :)

Congrats and welcome to the club Chris, another fellow midlander :D  I too remember seeing that MR2 at JAE over the years, will you be sticking with the MR2 lot this year at JAE?  As Rob mentioned, we will be attending but sharing the plot with the IMOC lot, we'd love you to join us if you can!  Also interested in knowing what plans you have on the already well equipped 86 you've brought.

On 14/01/2017 at 7:08 PM, Keethos said:

Congrats and welcome to the club Chris, another fellow midlander :D  I too remember seeing that MR2 at JAE over the years, will you be sticking with the MR2 lot this year at JAE?  As Rob mentioned, we will be attending but sharing the plot with the IMOC lot, we'd love you to join us if you can!  Also interested in knowing what plans you have on the already well equipped 86 you've brought.

Thanks for the welcome... yes I'll be sticking with the MR2OC guys this year as we're mid way through the organising, and I've made loads of life-long friends through that club. I know a few guys on the IMOC pitch already too though (Scott Barton, Brian Wilkinson, to name but a couple). That's not to say that I won't join you guys for a couple of bevvies and to meet and greet some of you in person over the long weekend.

As for modifications, I'm not entirely sure of any major ones yet in the pipeline, one definite is to get my Pioneer AppRadio from the MR2 into the GT86, but other than that I'm going to drive it, and own it properly for a little while and then make my mind up. I don't want to rush into anything and regret it at a later date.

Well, the MR2's now been completely paid for so it's now off the road waiting for collection on Saturday... with that in mind I didn't want to be driving it around with the possibility of someone driving into it and damaging it for the new owner...

...so, I've taken full time ownership of the GT86 a week early :D

...sooooo happy right now!!