will300

Fifth Gear

People been watching the new episodes of Fifth Gear?  Last weeks episode was good where Jason drives the new Lamborghini Aventador Roadster (awesome car) through the Black Mountain Pass in South Wales, and to show how awesome the car is even as a roadster, they try and get a GT86 to follow it through the windy roads.......lets just say they could have at least done it down hill rather than up hill......ah well  ^_^

That bit about the GT try to keep up with the lambo was stupid, Jason went round the corner in the lambo then booted it down a straight. Of-course it going to be faster. 

However trying to do that in the peak district would be another matter.

Still much better than current Top Gear. 

I've only watched fifth gear once and it came across as very boring indeed. It was a while ago though.., perhaps it's more exciting these days?

In some ways I prefer Fifth Gear, more of a proper car journo program but every so often they'll do some silly stuff and try and copy Top Gear which I think they should avoid.  I like some of the tests that they do and they seem to talk about the cars a bit more.....even if it is a lot of sideways action which I don't mind at all.  But I can see why some people prefer Top Gear as an all out entertainment program rather than a petrol heads program.  The way I see it, vids on youtube from the likes of Chris Harris is the petrol heads program, Fifth Gear is the petrol heads/general publics program and Top Gear is primarily the general publics and the odd petrol heads program.

That bit about the GT try to keep up with the lambo was stupid, Jason went round the corner in the lambo then booted it down a straight. Of-course it going to be faster. 

However trying to do that in the peak district would be another matter.

Still much better than current Top Gear. 

Yeah, they say twisty roads...but it did look like they had already past most of the twist roads and were just racing up hill, up some straights after some tight bends.