Sign in to follow this  
Keethos

Potential Mod Design

Hey all,Those in the know know that I plan on doing some cosmetic changes to my car, starting probably with some Rota Grid Drifts (18") in white but to mix it up a bit, have one of the spokes on each wheel wrapped in say a gloss black and to make it stand out even more, have something cut out rather than just a bland black strip (yes yes, much like the Volks :32 (35): would love a set of Volks but waaaaaay too expensive). At first, I couldn't think of what to cut out, thought maybe just simply GT86 is some fancy style, but then an awesome idea hit me:Posted ImageOr possiblyPosted ImageWhich does look pretty good but doesn't stand out as much as the first one, then follow that with the gloss black roof wrap and front lip wrap:Posted ImageAnd I'm still considering changing the side fenders for BRZ ones :32 (14):Posted Image

Looks great, like i said.. it's nice to not be a sheep I think it will look nice on the car. I think the black logo looks better than the entire spoke. It looks like you're deliberately trying to copy a volk wheel otherwise.

That's a very distinctive look, Keith, I like it. :) I admit to slightly preferring the second design on the wheel spoke, which is more subtle.

Yeah, does look quite nice on it's own, makes the wheel look a lil cleaner but from a distance, it's not guna be clear and look more like dirty wheels that an actual design on it.

that looks great keith, some serious shopping skills can u shop the alloys i want on mine? im only basic ummm prefer the logo on the spoke as apposed to a black spoke with logo

How about this?Posted ImageBest of both worlds!Quball, no problem mate, I'll give it a try (I'm probably not the best shopper here, I only dabble a lil), just send me what ever hi res image you want using and which alloys!

Well I'm decided, it's guna get done....the question is when.....I want this done next before winter comes so I can slap some winter tyres onto the stock wheels but I'm also very keen on getting my exhaust done especially since Abbey Motorsport are doing a group buy on the Cobra Exhausts.....darn it.....I need to sell an organ or rob a bank or something.After thinking about it a bit more, I might just hold out till next year once winter passes, plan on doing one more track day on the stock tyres before winter (probably has 2 or 3 track days left in them maybe....possibly even more), then get some winter tyres slapped on, then when the worst part of winter is over, get some these new alloys, slap the stock tyres back on to the stock rims for track days again!

Some other potential mods, what do people think?Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageBlack or White Shark Fin Aerial on top of a black roof wrap? Bear in mind that the white fine on the black roof wrap is genuine and the black roof with black fin is mocked up so doesn't look 100% IMHO.Or just get a stumpy aerial end rather than this whole Shark Fin malarkey :32 (35):

Guest Guest

Gloss black roof makes it look like it's got a moon-roof. Needs tinted windows to pull that off fully but then the white fin suits it IMO. I still can't get on board with the Beatsonic, I think the slim OEM one looks much better than fitting a brick on the roof.The best antennas will be the ones that remove the original base so that they can be smaller, there are a couple available and are much cheaper. You may just need someone to fit & paint them.

Hmmm dunno.....I'd have to see the TRD side fins in the flesh to make a proper decision but from the pictures, they look a lil OTT, much prefer the BRZ side fenders.....but that's a given Subota Boy, we're discussing aerials!!!

I definitely wouldn't say I was guru, I tend to just stumble my way through but here you go.....courtesy of Arekkz who has already gotten his roof done, so just added the front lip....hope you don't mind Arekkz! [ATTACH=CONFIG]n3244[/ATTACH]

post-20-13828794538771_thumb.jpg

Oh and I saw this and thought "this looks nice and discreet......oh wait"Posted ImageTurns out it's just a roll of rubber that you stick however you want so it follows the front of any bumper http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCION-EZ-LIP-FRONT-BUMPER-SPOILER-CHIN-SPLITTER-VALANCE-BODY-KIT-AIR-TRIM-FR-S-/400582053910?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d448d1016 :32 (33):