speedy

Center exhaust bolts worked loose

Worth a mention - at it's recent service, there was a rattle coming from under the car. Turns out that 2 of the 3 bolts which hold the center of the exhaust in place had vanished, and the third was loose. Standard Toyota exhaust.Might be worth a check.

Nope, spoilt for choice! I was hoping to have gone to the exhaust meet but me being me i had arrived home at 8am from a night out in london that morning so i decided to go to the local cafe instead :32 (25):H&S is a good choice, as they are nearby... alternatively i could get Mark @ Abbey to order something in and get something fitted there as he is only 15 minutes from me. I haven't got the money yet anyway. I'm so bad at saving.

Mark is doing the Cobra and I was impressed with the quality... and with the sound. H&S is disappointing -sound is spectacular but I have 'blow' marks on welds at the rear bifurcation into the two rear silencers and the manifold is a disaster - I've trashed it, cost me 6-10bhp and £900 with the HFC installed. It's no longer important, however, as I'm going turbo, I'm fed up with this lack of torque...penny to a pinch of sh*t that'll be the next TRD upgrade, the angst of yobs in GTI's flashing past is suicidal. Spec K

Nope, spoilt for choice! I was hoping to have gone to the exhaust meet but me being me i had arrived home at 8am from a night out in london that morning so i decided to go to the local cafe instead :32 (25):H&S is a good choice, as they are nearby... alternatively i could get Mark @ Abbey to order something in and get something fitted there as he is only 15 minutes from me. I haven't got the money yet anyway. I'm so bad at saving.

Rob, you have to think 3".. when you become an f/i man you must put away childish things...

Spec K

I lost one of mine while at Lauren's, I could hear a rattle/buzz at around 4000rpm and while stationary outside her place, I started to rev the engine and I could hear the rattle again but all of a sudden PING and it stopped rattling.  Thought it was a stone in the exhaust that was rattling and shot out but turned out to be one of the bolts (the one with the spring on the flex joint gasket).