KobayashiMaru

GT86 Crash Stevenage

9 hours ago, KobayashiMaru said:

Stuff like this make my blood boil as it gives us all a bad name.

The media always stoke the fire! The 86 pulled out of a junction on the 350z which was travelling too fast, they weren't racing, its just unfortunately it happened where loads of kids were standing. Apparently the bystanders block the view of oncoming traffic for any car pulling out of the junction.

Well, that's not exactly excuse for him. One may sympathize with that driver as none is saint and no-one always drives 100.000% never breaking any rule by even slightest and it's easy to put oneself in his shoes imagining getting into similar accident, but dura lex, sed lex, by traffic rules one needs to check/ensure that planned maneuver is safe, accident could have been avoided whatever subjective excuses might be brought up for crash explanation.

350Z was going way too fast for a street lined with people. 86 would have had poor visibility due to spectators; not an excuse but makes it more difficult for him to leave safely. Sounds like he was trying to drift out though so he was also playing his part in the chaos. 

Its not just at shady evening car park meets this happens. It’s similar some of the bigger shows and organised meets like Buleigh, Goodwood. Less so at Silverstone due to police presence however even there I saw an MX5 spin off the road half a mile from leaving this year. Thankfully no spectators involved. It’s all meant to be good fun, but easy to see how things occasionally go wrong. I know what side of the junction I’d be standing on...

I feel sad for all involved. The stupidity to stand in the middle of the road to spectate. Why did it have to be a GT86 involved. I did notice that there were more morons and hooligans at japfest this year. 

I bet both their insurance companies are running for the hills probably leaving the drivers with finance debts while their wrecks are parked in the scrapyard