Sign in to follow this  
kellya

Can't get into the car?

Stressful morning, first the key less entry won't work on the car, its been slowly getting slower and slower to open so I assumed the battery in the key must just be slowing dying?

Tried to get in using the 'emergency key' thing and the door opened but the alarm started going off in a panic I closed the door and locked it with the key to try and get the alarm to go off because this was 6:50am.

The door locked but the alarm kept going and now the emergency key won't unlock the door again...

AA are on the way.

Replacement batteries are CR1632, they're not commonly for sale but you can get them from eBay and of course Toyota. Easy to fit.

When the fob battery is low, a particular symbol flashes in the centre of the dashboard, and it beeps at you when you turn the car off. The alarm behaves correctly when the emergency key is used, it lacks the electrics to turn the alarm off, annoying as that is.

The alarm is deactivated with the key fob so if you open the door with the emergency key you have to switch the alarm off with your PIN code. Can't understand why the emergency key won't unlock the door again, know it can be a bit fiddly to use.

Halfords got me a CR1632 battery for same day pickup within 2 hours from my local store. Ordered online, 2 hours later and ready for collection. Very easy to replace as well; take the emergency key out and use the small lip on the end to lever the key open using the slot (it's like they designed it that way!).

Hi Kellya. It can be quite fiddly to unlock with the key. It sometimes takes a bit of back and forth to unlock it. Other times it clicks open straight away. Just have to keep at it. Good luck and if you haven't already tried, do you have a second key fob? Sorry if that's obvious but easy to forget when an alarm is going off at silly o clock and your trying not to wake the neighbours. 

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the tips, managed to get back into the car 5 minutes before the AA guy arrived

Turns out the key wasn't just dead but needs to be resynced thankfully had a spare battery and a spare key for it and get myself off to work.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk