BenRZ

Finally glad to be part of this community

Hello everyone! I managed to pick one of my dream cars on Saturday, a 66 plate Subaru BRZ SE Lux in stunning crystal black. I have many plans for the car starting with some lighter alloys with stickier wider tires then onto some coils 🤔. Can’t forget about some tints and going for that full black on black look! 

723DA7E5-D3FD-4A3B-9073-7A3780F156C0.jpeg.a2ff77d87cce8f6e4bd0318a1be40455.jpeg

On 09/08/2018 at 10:42 PM, Leejay-b said:

The BRZ / GT86 has been on my radar since release.

I am being put off by the long list of potential issues which I know the internet makes worse but some seem common and even if not they could be very expensive...

Minor:

1.Rust near rear quarter window

2.Rust under bonnet strip

3.Oil leaks

Major: NOTE I will be staying N/A if that reduces any of the following risks:

1.Fuel pump

2.Con rods 

3.Con rod bearings

4.Oil starvation

5.Injector seals

6.Coil packs

Oh dear quite a list. With that many majors I think I will have to drop thoughts of one of these cars which is a shame as I am a big fan :-(

On 07/11/2018 at 9:45 PM, gavin_t said:

Yer might just be how it has compressed when uploaded etc. 

Everything else matches like interior trim level etc. 

@Dave86 I did always wonder why the very range had simular plates in photography always vxr or vx something

On 01/12/2018 at 6:50 PM, GT1986 said:

Hi all, 

I was fiddling around with my maps the other day on the commute home, playing with the features as generally I stick on Map 1 - performance only. The only map I'd never tried before was Map 4 for any olde fuel so decided to give it a bash and see how different the performance felt. I was actually pleasantly surprised, the car didn't seem to have that feeling  of urgency like it normally does, guessing maybe throttle response is lower, however it was still very smooth and pulled well but the biggest plus was it was generally alot quiter and i'd say more "social" for nipping about town or pulling into the neighbourhood etc (cobra uel and resonated exhaust fitted). 

Just wondered if anyone had found the same?

23 hours ago, BenRZ said:

Hello everyone! I managed to pick one of my dream cars on Saturday, a 66 plate Subaru BRZ SE Lux in stunning crystal black. I have many plans for the car starting with some lighter alloys with stickier wider tires then onto some coils 🤔. Can’t forget about some tints and going for that full black on black look! 

723DA7E5-D3FD-4A3B-9073-7A3780F156C0.jpeg.a2ff77d87cce8f6e4bd0318a1be40455.jpeg

Lovely car enjoy. Miles of smiles đź‘Ť