DaveeeB93

Fensport Reverse Camera

Just tried fitting the Fensport reverse camera today and it seems to point downwards at the floor? It does have a little bit of a swivel but it won’t lock into place?

also even if it was to lock into place it still doesn’t seem to have enough angle on it..

Has anyone else here fitted their camera?

69139BB8-7DA8-4999-856C-91FAC87367AF.jpeg

3 hours ago, DaveeeB93 said:

Just tried fitting the Fensport reverse camera today and it seems to point downwards at the floor? It does have a little bit of a swivel but it won’t lock into place?

also even if it was to lock into place it still doesn’t seem to have enough angle on it..

Has anyone else here fitted their camera?

69139BB8-7DA8-4999-856C-91FAC87367AF.jpeg

I had the exact same issue with mine. Nothing I could do.

It was pointing half at the ground and half at the bumper. It gets the job done but not ideal

As main goal from me when fitting camera, was to ease parallel parking in very tight spaces without having to leave the car to check distances, even while fensport's kit isn't pointed well to see far back, it does it's job showing from above edge of bumper and distance to bumper of car next in row (or other objects), letting me go "till last cm", so i don't care much about not the right angle.

After all, when while driving in reverse i want to see further back, i can use rear view mirror / sidemirrors, or turn head back with hand on passenger seat headest. Camera for me is just to ease judging distance when parking, given very bad rearwards visibility and hard to precisely gauge distance (compared to other cars i drove in past).

I had the same problem with the Fensport camera. I also found that the relay on the wiring loom in the boot got warm, indicating that it was engaged all the time. Ultimately I just disconnected it and use my reversing sensors.

Thanks all, seems very poorly designed then! My main use for it was also for distance from bollards,other cars etc. when reversing so may just install it how it is..

Does anyone have any recommendations to any other cameras that are easy to install?

does anyone know if these can be adapted to fit an aftermarket Pioneer App-Radio head unit?
I have both fitted, but can't for the life of me find a way of getting them to talk to each other...

Morning all. My Fensport camera was the same. Really no good for general use i found as I often reverse into a tight garage. I took it all apart and modified the bit the 'ball' camera sits in. Now it actually points backwards. Had to be quite brave cutting away the metal bracket but has seemed to work. Just a light bit of the bracket right st the top of the screen. Overall, I would have preferred sensors I think. Shame Toyota want near 500 quid to retro fit them!

6 hours ago, Shippers said:

Morning all. My Fensport camera was the same. Really no good for general use i found as I often reverse into a tight garage. I took it all apart and modified the bit the 'ball' camera sits in. Now it actually points backwards. Had to be quite brave cutting away the metal bracket but has seemed to work. Just a light bit of the bracket right st the top of the screen. Overall, I would have preferred sensors I think. Shame Toyota want near 500 quid to retro fit them!

£500! Madness, when i bought mine they put them on for £200 which i thought was reasonable!

Mine works really well.

The camera swivels, its like a ball in a socket type setup, that's why there is that groove in the mount, so you can swivel it without obstructing the view, it stays solid. One option is to get it in position then stick some super glue through the back so it stays put.