I honestly wouldn't bother with the rear speakers. In such a small cabin you don't need them, and they are totally useless anyway. A better option is a sub and an amp to take care of the low frequencies. 

I got rid of my rear speakers (well they are disconnected). 

Agreed.

If I ever get around to it I intend to put 6/8in subwoofers behind the rear qtr as there is so much room. Just need to build the boxes and it's been a good 12 years since I had a full fibreglass boot install in the gen7 Celica lol

Woofer instead of spear would be my choice. I am just waiting for you guys to do all the research and make recommendations, then I will follow

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BTW, if rear speakers are as bad .. i wonder if there is or isn't difference keeping them connected? As in - maybe if they are disconnected, maybe there is more output power left in headunit amp for running main speakers? (wild guess from someone w/o clue in audio)

2 hours ago, SnappyChariot said:

Is there anywhere in the UK with stock of these at present?

Great question - I have been trying to find some too..... :-/

Forgive my ignorance....are these focals replacements for the doors or the dash tops ? Agree with everyone on here that the sound system is the worst aspect of this wonderful car.

My previous 12 year old Alfa159 blew this system out of the water.

11 hours ago, iflyhigh said:

Forgive my ignorance....are these focals replacements for the doors or the dash tops ? Agree with everyone on here that the sound system is the worst aspect of this wonderful car.

My previous 12 year old Alfa159 blew this system out of the water.

The IS165TOY is a set of door speaker and dash top tweeters - simple plug and play replacements as they have the mounts and connectors included to just connect upto the stock Toyota loom connections. No need to cut connectors off and crimp on bullet connectors etc!