GravelRash

86 feels unsettled over bumps

Not really sure where to start looking for answers, so here's my 'problem' or observation of a trait that I want to fix.

Over a number of different A and B roads when I'm having some fun, so 30-40mph (ish) and accelerating, if I hit the right combination of bumps (not pot holes I avoid them where possible) you can hear the engine revs stop rising, the exhaust note drops, the car 'goes' light and then it just continues, albeit you can hear and feel the car pick up the acceleration again.

The car (MY17) is lightly modified, but the suspension is all factory (winter tyres at the moment, otherwise stock alloys) and I think it's something to do with the suspension, but beyond this I'm not sure. Is it geometry, better springs, anti-roll (sway) bars. Usually I'd just lower the car till it scrapes and then rise it a few mm, but this is my daily and that's just not going to cut it.

Is this normal, and how have other people removed this annoyance?

Cheers for any help and 'learn to drive' is an appropriate response if needed :)

Edited by GravelRash
Left a garbled c&p sentence in by accident.

5 minutes ago, alucardo said:

Turn off traction control and see if the same behaviour happens?

I hadn't considered TC. 

I don't recall seeing the dash light up, but I'm not typically looking at the dash, more looking down the road.

I should mention that I've not experienced this in my old MR2 Roadster, which often did the A57 (Snake for the locals). This road is a bugger for the bounce in the 86. The reason for posting today is I ran the Snake last night and I thought 'I must get this sorted!'