Sign in to follow this  
Nemesis

Hi everyone

The alcantara seats look like these:

fXufDH8.jpg

The centres are alcantara, the side bolsters leather - there was also an option where the centre is in red. In terms of aftermarket kits I personally prefer simple lip kits rather than full bodykits but having said that the TRD one does look great.

There's TRD spec GT86's which I think have a few other extras instead of just a body kit. There are loads of body kits available for this car, but you have to go through the trouble of getting them fitted; where as if you bought the aero or TRD the kit is already installed and hopefully to a good standard being fitted by Toyota. 

Alcantara is pretty much suede.. depending on what colour you go for.. I've got a black one, I do a want a lip, but it wont stand out as much.. what I do want, is a like a little under-diffuser for the rear. amir-boosted-frs-build-rear.jpg

Welcome Nemesis,

With your requirements, I'd seriously look at one like this: Toyota GT86 2017 Grey, ok it's £750 over budget but with abit of haggling you should be able to get it down to £22k. Due to all the refinements of the face lift they are definitely the ones to buy if you can afford one.

Will 

7 hours ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

Alcantara is pretty much suede.. 

Alcantara is a synthetic, so it's not suede. I'd echo what Will says here. If you can get an ex-demo Kouki (i.e. the revised model) then it's well worth it I would say. I've driven the new model a few times now and it does have some nice additions compared to the old. 

20 hours ago, will300 said:

Welcome Nemesis,

With your requirements, I'd seriously look at one like this: Toyota GT86 2017 Grey, ok it's £750 over budget but with abit of haggling you should be able to get it down to £22k. Due to all the refinements of the face lift they are definitely the ones to buy if you can afford one.

Will 

That does look perfect, ok its not the aero but its the colour I would prefer it has the right seats and I can modify it in the future

Its advertised as a pro but I thought the pro had a spoiler

3 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

That does look perfect, ok its not the aero but its the colour I would prefer it has the right seats and I can modify it in the future

Its advertised as a pro but I thought the pro had a spoiler

It's in the advertisement as well. Ring them up and question it, maybe they'll go down on the price as it's "false" advertisement 

Do you have a trade in? Some companies will bring a car to your local dealer, but there are conditions attached. If you are going down this route, whether you are trading in or not, have a deal in place you are happy with first.

When I was looking I almost bought a white Aero long distance, from a well known dealer. He was sending the car up to me and taking my mr2 in part ex. We had emailed and chatted on the phone a few times and had a deal in place, however it did worry me slightly that I would not see the car in person first. 

Was also interested in an orange aero up in Inverness, it would have been a day trip to go up and see it though, so again emails and chats on the phone. We were within a couple of hundred pounds of it being worthwhile me making the trip for a look. However went through to Edinburgh to look at 2 ex demos (not aeros) and mentioned to the salesman that I wanted an aero. He said they had just brought one down from their Dunfermline branch that morning and sold it, but I could have a look. I had seen this advertised but discounted it as it was a 2014 and I was looking for 2015 on, however I had not noticed that it had less than 3000 miles on it, was immaculate.

Upshot was the person buying it failed finance, so I bought it the next day.

If you really want an Aero, hold out for one, will be more cost effective and far less hassle than adding a bodykit afterwards. 

Personally I love mine, minute I saw an Aero it was what I wanted. Not a fan of the massive spoiler tbh, but love the overall look. No boy racer either, turned 54 last month.

Of course it was just a bonus the paintwork matched my VFRs.......

fullsizeoutput_1369.thumb.jpeg.e7134f6312e2793c996d2b4c7d28ae16.jpeg

1 hour ago, Nelix said:

If you really want an Aero, hold out for one, will be more cost effective and far less hassle than adding a bodykit afterwards. 

Completely agree and happy birthday for last month. 

Just couple points for Nemesis, as I said it may cost more as Aero's are not made anymore but will probably be cheaper than buying a body kit and getting it fitted. If you did buy an aero your not quite as unique as if you bought a 3rd party body kit like a modellista or Grazio (not seen anything like that on public roads or car shows... yet); but you are more unique compared to some of us with regular GT86's. 

Just had a thought, are there any new TRD or Aero type GT86's with the new 2017- GT86? 

4 hours ago, Cerastes said:

Just had a thought, are there any new TRD or Aero type GT86's with the new 2017- GT86? 

As a pre-built car no not yet. But you can buy a TRD body kit for it, pic for reference:

59b05575bf057_17kitfitfront.thumb.jpg.5e0ba318bcff07b41d61fef8e7ccd8af.jpg

I've spent the last couple of mornings looking at adverts (I work an afternoon shift) and really like the 2017 version and will be after one with the part leather which does limit the choice, at the moment there are two but both are around 150 miles from me so it might be a case of putting down a deposit by phone and then taking the train down to see it. I've thought about the colour a lot and I would really want grey but as I have a black car at the moment it can be a pain to keep it looking its best but it might just be worth it as I did mention it at JAE to Minion about some new coating you can get which helps keep it clean so I will have to do a bit of research about it

I dont want to get rid of my Celica as it is do reliable and useful for big things I might want to get in the future, I am a bit of an ebay addict and you would not believe what I have got in it  over the years. Something I did realise is that if I max out my asda credit card I can get 0.5% cash back which would work out at 250 quid so thats worth doing. The ones which have now caught my eye are

https://usedcars.toyota.co.uk/en/used-toyota/Toyota/GT86/20-200bhp-D-4S-PRO-mqbjhuz?unitSystem=imperial&currency=GBP&zip=WF10+5NX&zipcity=WF10+5NX%2C+CASTLEFORD&radius=1609&warrantyProgram=7&manufacturer=60&mcategory=sport&model=1687&sort=price%3AASC

https://usedcars.toyota.co.uk/en/used-toyota/Toyota/GT86/20-PRO-3-Dr-u3bj6pa?unitSystem=imperial&currency=GBP&zip=WF10+5NX&zipcity=WF10+5NX%2C+CASTLEFORD&radius=1609&warrantyProgram=7&manufacturer=60&mcategory=sport&model=1687&sort=price%3AASC

They are a little more than I wanted to pay but they have the new extras and heated seats and they have the armrest which is something I really want as use mine every day. As I'e just about decided on the 2017 86 I will have to forget the aero but do want one with a rear spoiler

I'd go for the grey one! Less miles and the colour is very nice too. A rear spoiler is a matter of few hundred quid, depending on what you're after.

Off for the test drive in an hour but I now have 3 to choose from

No rear wing so I have a lot of options to do what I want with it in the future if I chose & 84 miles from me £22245

https://usedcars.toyota.co.uk/en/used-toyota/Toyota/GT86/20-200bhp-D-4S-PRO-hkbjsuj?unitSystem=imperial&currency=GBP&zip=WF10+5NX&zipcity=WF10+5NX%2C+CASTLEFORD&radius=1609&warrantyProgram=7&manufacturer=60&mcategory=sport&model=1687&sort=price%3AASC

Pro rear wing which I like a lot & not sure what rear wing options I can go with, dont know if a TRD rear wing would cover all the holes 151 miles from me £22995

https://usedcars.toyota.co.uk/en/used-toyota/Toyota/GT86/20-200bhp-D-4S-PRO-mqbjhuz?unitSystem=imperial&currency=GBP&zip=WF10+5NX&zipcity=WF10+5NX%2C+CASTLEFORD&radius=1609&warrantyProgram=7&manufacturer=60&mcategory=sport&model=1687&sort=price%3AASC

As above but with nav overpriced looking at the 2 above 38 miles from me £24495

https://usedcars.toyota.co.uk/en/used-toyota/Toyota/GT86/20-PRO-3-Dr-kmbhh8l?unitSystem=imperial&currency=GBP&zip=WF10+5NX&zipcity=WF10+5NX%2C+CASTLEFORD&radius=1609&warrantyProgram=7&manufacturer=60&mcategory=all&model=1687&_model=1687

With the dilemma I have about future modifications & not knowing what I will do in the future I'm not sure which to go with. The nearest one would be the easiest for me & I would want a good discount & I can argue that the others are a lot less. All 3 have part leather & the mileage isn't that different

Would a TRD spoiler cover all the holes? If so at least I can change it if I wanted to & I think a carbon fibre TRD rear spoiler might go well with the grey

What should I offer at first for each & what do you think is a fare price

Are you trading in? If not, call the salesperson and do your deal over the phone before you travel, playing all three off against each other.

If you are in a position to do a deal today, tell them that and let them know they are competing against two other dealers to sell a car right now.

Finally, get any agreed deal in writing via an email. I would be doing all the legwork by phone before travelling any distance.

Of course as a Scot, I'm tighter than a ligature at a Michael Hutchence private hotel room soiree. 

Personally I'd speak with Charles Clark Toyota (i.e. the first one) tell them you'll take the car for £22k (which you said was your budget), so long as your are happy with the condition of the car on viewing. Pay them a £500 deposit then get a family member or friend to drive you down there at the weekend. 

51 minutes ago, will300 said:

Personally I'd speak with Charles Clark Toyota (i.e. the first one) tell them you'll take the car for £22k (which you said was your budget), so long as your are happy with the condition of the car on viewing. Pay them a £500 deposit then get a family member or friend to drive you down there at the weekend. 

£245 discount?

Offer 20K, then negotiate. 

Now I have driven one I have to say I'M IN LOVE :D:D:D:D

I cant go down over the weekend as working but have Monday off so will go then & I will sort out a price over the phone as suggested with confirmation & it probable is the best with modifications I might do in the future regarding bodykit 

I do have a few questions though about owning one

What modifications can I do without voiding the warranty?

What size wheels would you recommend as I can't go around with 16" alloys all the time but might just use them as winter wheels

What make of tires for the larger wheels?

The stock wheels are 17", again that's just the dealer being lazy and not bothering to research what the car has so I would want every single bit of the spec checked and agreed in writing before picking up the car otherwise you could be in for a nightmare transaction.

For the warranty the car will still be fully covered apart from the components you change. For example if you change the exhaust and a coil pack fails then it should be simple to replace, but if you start trying to put 350bhp through the gearbox and it lunches itself then they probably wouldn't cover that.

If you stick a bodykit on and you get surface rust on the door frame in an area that you haven't touched then it would be covered, but if you drilled or stuck on the kit to cause the rust then it wouldn't.

49 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Now I have driven one I have to say I'M IN LOVE :D:D:D:D

I cant go down over the weekend as working but have Monday off so will go then & I will sort out a price over the phone as suggested with confirmation & it probable is the best with modifications I might do in the future regarding bodykit 

I do have a few questions though about owning one

What modifications can I do without voiding the warranty?

What size wheels would you recommend as I can't go around with 16" alloys all the time but might just use them as winter wheels

What make of tires for the larger wheels?

Well done bud!

As mentioned in the post above - it all comes down to how much you do and how invasive you may be to the 'standard' setup.

I'm lowered, cat back  full exhuast and 2nd de-cat, air filter an bodykit.. just plan to get services during warranty with Richard at RRG Macclesfied and life is a lot easier.

Wheels - 18x8 ET35 with lowered spring suspension, you have some more options if you went down the coilover route but they are more expensive suspension.

Re the car - check you have the bigger battery!

I've been on the phone to the Wolverhampton one & they will take £22000 which they will verify by email & call me back shortly with the total price as they will sort out the tax paperwork & I can get drive home insurance as well so that would be an idea. Also the mileage as its being used as a demonstrator but will park it up once I pay the deposit

I'm ready to pay my deposit shortly & Monday afternoon I will be a proud new owner of a GT86 :D