Lucas

CUSCO Parts - Orders & Requests!

Hey guys,

We will be placing another Cusco order shortly, so I just wanted to know if there is something you want? The waiting time is about 6 weeks, so if you want something, let me know.

This is Cusco's web catalogue, have a look and let me know. http://www.cusco.co.jp/cusco_catalog/#10

You can see some of the products here, and obviously, strut bars, normal/carbon, sway bars, coilover kits, electronic damping control units. etc.

oil.PNG

pedal.PNG

shift.PNG

vsc.PNG

vsc1.PNG

That VSC canceller. Does it allow you to have everything off all the time without having to do it manually everytime you start the car by holding the traction button down for three seconds? 

If so how much is it? Just weighing up if it would be worth it to save me holding a button down for three seconds everytime I start the car. 

5 minutes ago, Lauren said:

That VSC canceller. Does it allow you to have everything off all the time without having to do it manually everytime you start the car by holding the traction button down for three seconds? 

If so how much is it? Just weighing up if it would be worth it to save me holding a button down for three seconds everytime I start the car. 

That's right. Turns both TC and VSC off. It stays active after restart as well. It is £428. 

3 minutes ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

That's right. Turns both TC and VSC off. It stays active after restart as well. It is £428. 

Sounds good, but a lot of money to save me a 3 second button press!

32 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Sounds good, but a lot of money to save me a 3 second button press!

Dunno if the Cusco one is different, but I'm sure I saw one that effectively simulated the 3 second button press (ie just had the button contacts engaged for 3 seconds on start up)... could probably make one for next to nothing!

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Dunno if the Cusco one is different, but I'm sure I saw one that effectively simulated the 3 second button press (ie just had the button contacts engaged for 3 seconds on start up)... could probably make one for next to nothing!

Yep, that was what Mark was saying. If you want to have a go, be my guest. I'd happily pay for your time and materials. :)

6 minutes ago, knightryder said:

I just had a look at a video of the button that they have installed and you have to hold it in for three seconds to turn everything off. What's the point of that? 

Is it actually finished or are they still working it out? Really not clear from the FB page. 

The website is being updated. 

Just now, Lauren said:

I just had a look at a video of the button that they have installed and you have to hold it in for three seconds to turn everything off. What's the point of that? 

Off all the time if you want it and it won't allow the TSC to re-engage at all. It's basically the pedal dance done permanently, remembers the settings when it's switched off.

https://support.beastronix.com/portal/kb/articles/how-to-operate-the-86nanny-v2

It's the product that the track guys in the USA swear by.....

Ah okay, Steve, that sounds more like it. Not sure I need the pedal dance thing though, quite happy with how it behaves when I just do the simple three second press. But I admit, I've not tried the pedal dance. 

It looks very easy to install. 

Any idea how much it is? 

Just now, Lauren said:

Ah okay, Steve, that sounds more like it. Not sure I need the pedal dance thing though, quite happy with how it behaves when I just do the simple three second press. But I admit, I've not tried the pedal dance. 

Any idea how much it is? 

The only reason I see the point in the pedal dance is 1) you hit kerbs hard enough that TSC switches back on or 2) You don't like EBD. ABS is the only system left on IIRC. The 86Nanny seems to be the track solution, I didn't even realise that they had options to run the fans etc. Their Facebook shows that they're testing a V3 unit, but their main website is down at the moment so I can't get an exact price but someone sold one brand new unused for $170 shipped in the US. So I reckon about $200 delivered here.

MotoIQ seem to like it, that's the V1 version I believe:

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/4255/Project-Autocross-BRZ--Nanny-Removal-with-Beastronix.aspx

Okay may be worth a punt then. I've never had an issue with kerbs and TSC coming back on. I don't mind the EBD, I've got used to it when trail braking. ABS I would keep on. Cheers for that.