Ccolleavy

Torque Dip

It's only between 3k-4K revs. Drive one and you won't even notice it as depending what you want to do you should be in the correct gear.

This my graph to compare with the others. K&N panel filter, full Milltek exhaust, stock manifold and remap.
The dip is mostly still there but not much difference in peak figures3d296d29276ea2ee2e078008443fecca.jpg

2 minutes ago, Foulsmell said:

It's only between 3k-4K revs. Drive one and you won't even notice it as depending what you want to do you should be in the correct gear.

I agree, I think that this is what makes these cars so fun, you have to actually drive it, rev high to achieve the best experience. It's just an NA after all. Besides, it's not like it's not possible to sort it out with a tune and a manifold. Lauren's results are great.

To compare my graph with Lauren's it seems to me that the stock manifold ain't that bad, it's just that there is a CAT in the way. I'd love to see a gutted stock CAT properly tuned graph compared to an aftermarket manifold.

13 minutes ago, Foulsmell said:

To compare my graph with Lauren's it seems to me that the stock manifold ain't that bad, it's just that there is a CAT in the way. I'd love to see a gutted stock CAT properly tuned graph compared to an aftermarket manifold.

I think Abbey Motorsports did that and got some really decent results. 

14 minutes ago, TTR said:

I think Abbey Motorsports did that and got some really decent results. 

I don't think Mark got as far as actual testing, so we don't know the results. It seems that most opt for an aftermarket manifold rather than decatting the original which does involve some fabrication. So I don't think it was popular enough to warrant taking further by the looks of it. 

51 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I don't think Mark got as far as actual testing, so we don't know the results. It seems that most opt for an aftermarket manifold rather than decatting the original which does involve some fabrication. So I don't think it was popular enough to warrant taking further by the looks of it. 

There's a few thread on the ft86club. One persona gained about 5hp iirc. Steve Knight was the 1st mani Mark at Abbey decatted but they didnt get before and after unfortunately. 

I fancy picking up a new 2017 manifold and decatting it. 

14 minutes ago, TTR said: I think Abbey Motorsports did that and got some really decent results. 

The one I saw on FT86 the cat was just smashed and no fabrication was needed.

I'm thinking if you get around 70% of the gains of aftermarket for free then there isn't much case for paying £800 for the extra 30% for a road car. Track would be different.

14 minutes ago, TTR said: I think Abbey Motorsports did that and got some really decent results. 

I'm thinking if you get around 70% of the gains of aftermarket for free then there isn't much case for paying £800 for the extra 30% for a road car. Track would be different.

Just now, Foulsmell said:

Well you could just smash out the cat, that is a way of doing it. You will need to remap to make the most out of it though. That cost is there whatever you do. 

I think the bigger gains on the aftermarket manifolds are where they have longer primary pipes as they don't have to allow for the length of the cat. Though it's cheap to smash the cat out (I have a manifold with primary cat you can buy if you want?) it's not having the knowledge of what the actual gains are that is the risk I guess. I expect you are bound to gain something though, but what is hard to say. 

The extra torque from an aftermarket manifold is far more useful on the road than it is on the track as it's the big mid range increase you notice the most. You don't really see that gain on the track so much as are in the higher rpm range more of the time.