Minion

Coilovers

Hi Guys/gals

I'm looking at getting me some coilovers in the immediate future, I know people always say to go for the Tein Flex A's as there such a reliable all rounder, I was just wondering would any other people reccomend any other coilovers and if so what?

I'm tempted to get a set from demon tweeks as they offer 0% finance on them then i can save my money for other car parts ;) 

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/coilover-suspension-kits/car/toyota/gt86/2013/2-0-197/tein-flex-a-coilover-suspension-kit-lowers-front-15-35mm-and-lowers-rear-15-35mm

That's the link for the one's I'm looking at, I'm guessing they'll be slightly more as they offer finance. Does anyone know of anywhere else that offers finance?

Thanks

Jake

State your goals/expectations/planned use and of course budget.

Though if you mentioned financing for As, i guess affordable budget is very low. Maybe some bilsteins B6 or koni yellows with stock springs would do better?

This is totally irrelevant, but I know the guy that does the finance for Demon Tweeks. He's got a lovely 675LT B)

Just now, Minion said:

Sorted now guys, It wasn't so much the fact of a low budget it just took my fancy at 0% finance...

Flex A's in the end? 

I think we need a poll on what coilovers everyone has. I was tempted by Meister R's then I saw another thread about Flex A's which despite being horrible to look at, look like they perform well. 

3 hours ago, KevinA said:

What's been revised ?

Same design but with completely new valving to improve compliancy on road and performance on track on the harder settings. We try to improve things the best we can at this price level.

This is part of the E-mail I got from them, Will post pics and a review when I receive them 

Its answers that were lacking for me, I used the Meister R's with reasonable success in the sprints, when I got Strawberry there was talk about a bespoke Meister set up. Unfortunately inadequate information led me away, now using the Tein Monosports and very happy with them. The Zeta R's on ginger are being replaced with Flex A's shortly, ( cheap set of followers for sale soon )

12 hours ago, Minion said:

Nope went for the revised MeisterR's to be a little different, should be arriving today at some point :D 

Let me know how you get on and what settings that you settle for. I'm still trying to find the sweet spot ;). I personally think that they are excellent value, but just be sure to set a reasonable amount of pre-load at the rear and have the fronts a little softer. They have a small understeer bias, nothing that can't be calibrated/worked around (i hope).

For comfort vs function i found that 19 clicks from soft was a good starting point. Gives you a feel for how they perform on our roads fresh out the box. 16 is a little too fidgety at lower speeds and on uneven roads. Also lowered the psi in my rubber at the front a tad from 30 to 28.

17 front and 19 rear is still a little too bouncy at the front. I'm going to try 18 / 21 next.

Hope that helps.

6 hours ago, Tim86 said:

Let me know how you get on and what settings that you settle for. I'm still trying to find the sweet spot ;). I personally think that they are excellent value, but just be sure to set a reasonable amount of pre-load at the rear and have the fronts a little softer. They have a small understeer bias, nothing that can't be calibrated/worked around (i hope).

For comfort vs function i found that 19 clicks from soft was a good starting point. Gives you a feel for how they perform on our roads fresh out the box. 16 is a little too fidgety at lower speeds and on uneven roads. Also lowered the psi in my rubber at the front a tad from 30 to 28.

17 front and 19 rear is still a little too bouncy at the front. I'm going to try 18 / 21 next.

Hope that helps.

Once they are fitted I shall let you know what I think, thanks for the advice :)