jevvy

Valenti Lighhts, Under Diffuser, Various other bits.

http://www.thespeedline.com/

ordering some stuf from here. its about 15£ postage an item and 40£ postage for the diffuser. will be cheaper if i get another or a couple others to order something too. will be ringing them in a few hours so let me know if you are interested!

4 hours ago, knightryder said:

You'll end up paying import duties etc. Factor that in....

Not paid a single import duty so far and I don't intend too! Brexit has already happened in my mind!

I'm also thinking of getting some Valentis, but I guess that any saving in postage from the USA would be swallowed up by the cost of getting them from you to me.

As for not paying import duty - I hope that you never need to use a hospital, school, fire brigade, police or any of the other services that our taxes pay for!

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

I'm also thinking of getting some Valentis, but I guess that any saving in postage from the USA would be swallowed up by the cost of getting them from you to me.

As for not paying import duty - I hope that you never need to use a hospital, school, fire brigade, police or any of the other services that our taxes pay for!

I have emailed them maybe we would get a discount for multiple orders and I'll double check but it seems like you'd save 15-30£ per additional set of lights reship cost is like 4£

17 minutes ago, richardcarman said:

Have you ordered I may get some Valentis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet!

Do not buy, they are cheap replicas & you'll have condensation issues. Also factor in that if you want ones that don't look ricey then you'll have to go authentic anyway as they don't sell the full red ones.

I almost fell for this too last year. Wouldn't touch em.

11 hours ago, jevvy said:

Not paid a single import duty so far and I don't intend too! Brexit has already happened in my mind!

This makes no sense..... you pay duty and fees on anything from outside the EU. That is largely irrelevant to Brexit (*shrugs*).

Everyone else has had to pay import fees when ordering from thespeedline, there's a number of people who have ordered from them on here. I would imagine ordering in larger numbers would highlight even further that you're not "receiving gifts"..... Customs guys aren't stupid ;)

34 minutes ago, zhuonanli said:

paid £50 tax for a pair of lights from them

More importantly how would you rate the quality of the lights! 

25 minutes ago, jevvy said:

More importantly how would you rate the quality of the lights! 

They are Valenti's/White Label Valentis (depending on your view it seems). Made in the same factory regardless, should be no difference in quality.

1 hour ago, knightryder said:

This makes no sense..... you pay duty and fees on anything from outside the EU. That is largely irrelevant to Brexit (*shrugs*).

Everyone else has had to pay import fees when ordering from thespeedline, there's a number of people who have ordered from them on here. I would imagine ordering in larger numbers would highlight even further that you're not "receiving gifts"..... Customs guys aren't stupid ;)

If we made some sort of decent trade agreement with other countries, similarly to how we operate in the EU after brexit. Then imported goods tax would be charged at the uk rate in combination of the domestic rate ( basically meaning they don't need to pay as much tax one way or another essentially preventing the double dip tax effect to an extent. Also I emailed them and they are happy to mark it as a low value item so happy days. I'll be ordering within the next few hours if anyone wants to jump on. Uk customs are a bunch of clowns especially when compared to other countries. Do you think the average customs officer would know the difference between a 50£ pair of sunglasses and a 1500£ pair. Likewise with any other branded item. A peice of plastic witha bulb in it isnt necessarily incredibly valuable. Also I've ordered like 20 things from eBay Japan and not been customs charged once. One had the sticker on it to pay but the post lady just took it out and handed it to me instead of leaving a card to collect so that was nice :)  I already pay an Incredulous amount of tax and am happy to do so. I just don't want to tax Japan/USA for sending me their spicy wares.  

21 minutes ago, knightryder said:

They are Valenti's/White Label Valentis (depending on your view it seems). Made in the same factory regardless, should be no difference in quality.

21 minutes ago, knightryder said:

Well I'm bloody sold! 

6 hours ago, Tim86 said:

Do not buy, they are cheap replicas & you'll have condensation issues. Also factor in that if you want ones that don't look ricey then you'll have to go authentic anyway as they don't sell the full red ones.

Also these are the same Valentin's sold by fensport if I'm not mistaken 

10 hours ago, Tim86 said:

Absolute rubbish.

Had 2 sets of Valentis from Speedline, both were identical to the "genuine" ones you pay £600 for in the UK.

Condensation in these lights is the same issue that affects the OEM lights and all aftermarket ones, the design is crap, so if you don't install them 100% you hit problems.

10 hours ago, Tim86 said:

Additional to Paul's comments above, since when are the red Valenti's the only "non-ricey" ones?

I understand that opinion in relation to chrome Lexus-style lights, or (to a lesser extent) smoked lights, but what's wrong with the red/white ones that basically everyone has?

48 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

Additional to Paul's comments above, since when are the red Valenti's the only "non-ricey" ones?

I understand that opinion in relation to chrome Lexus-style lights, or (to a lesser extent) smoked lights, but what's wrong with the red/white ones that basically everyone has?

Everything. :P

1 minute ago, S18 RSG said:

Could be worse, could have put Rays stickers on Rota's like you :P

If it was true that would be worse. But no way I'd have shitty rotas. :P

16 minutes ago, Lauren said:

You ain't foolin nobody ;) We all know the truth, just easier to nod and agree.

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

i just agreed to buy a set of rays te37's from a chap who seemed a bit clueless. They were very cheap tho and from the pics have all the same marks as genuine's front and back, couldn't make out the J in the pics and when I asked him he said he had no idea and his advert just mentioned the size of the tire (17"), im pretty sure they're staggered. Definitely cant fit staggered wheels on the 86? i don't mind  buying 2 more the same as 2 of these and selling the remaining two as im picking them up at the weekend for £300 they are in decent nick and had been stored in his shed I assume by someone who wasnt him and he just wants them gone