Sign in to follow this  
jevvy

Door locker thing covers

bought some door locker thing covers from aliexpress. came as a pack of 4 and the fit very well and very snug. Maybe they do all the fancy things the TRD 120 odd pounds ones do. maybe not either way im asking for 4£ posted just to get rid of them and give someone else them! they fit super snug around the silver metal and look pretty good.

4£ posted

^4655FF6941E2FB1628134711889F5CD58838E1BEC413CDE584^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

they go over the car door locker thing in the door well and fit snuggly around the metal in the same shape as the plastic. allowing the bar to fit through.

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

They seem totally cosmetic and unnecessary.

I'll take 'em.

I'm spraying my two orange as soon as my fresh can of paint arrives, I've got cobalt blue or real orange if you fancy I could spice yours up as well, maybe I should've kept these in case I cock up the paint. Oh well all the more reason to not I spose.  you can bank Xfer me the 4 squids as I don't fancy the PayPal 30p charge, forever thrifty :) 

1 minute ago, Tim86 said:

The trd ones are supposed to reinforce the chassis ;)

Lies! I watched their YouTube video and it was to stop the doors wobblig about. in the video it said that when the doors jiggle it ruins the balance of the car as it's a certain amount of weight moving in two directions. And it showed the car doing a manoeuvre with and without and it was about 20% more clean. My Japanese is a little iffy but that was the gist I got. I definitely understood it was all horseshit though 

Just now, jevvy said:

Lies! I watched their YouTube video and it was to stop the doors wobblig about. in the video it said that when the doors jiggle it ruins the balance of the car as it's a certain amount of weight moving in two directions. And it showed the car doing a manoeuvre with and without and it was about 20% more clean. My Japanese is a little iffy but that was the gist I got. I definitely understood it was all horseshit though 

Post of the day :D. Not that it matters, but I was reading this article yesterday

"I’m a great fan of the TRD Door Stabilizers (¥14,700/$160), little plates that slide against the door’s edge when you close them, effectively pushing the doors against their hinges to add more side rigidity to the chassis. TRD has tested them out on a variety of Toyotas and have released them for the models on which they actually worked on. Superb little idea that can really be felt through a slalom test."

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/01/taking-it-back-to-the-80s-trd-86/

Adds, rigidity to the chassis, apparently.. hahaha

P.s i sent you a pm

23 minutes ago, Tim86 said:

Post of the day :D. Not that it matters, but I was reading this article yesterday

"I’m a great fan of the TRD Door Stabilizers (¥14,700/$160), little plates that slide against the door’s edge when you close them, effectively pushing the doors against their hinges to add more side rigidity to the chassis. TRD has tested them out on a variety of Toyotas and have released them for the models on which they actually worked on. Superb little idea that can really be felt through a slalom test."

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/01/taking-it-back-to-the-80s-trd-86/

Adds, rigidity to the chassis, apparently.. hahaha

P.s i sent you a pm

Okay granted but the riggidity comes from the doors being more tightly fitted and not wobbling freely! Surely everyone should be welding their passenger door shut on their track car, imagine the rigiddity! 

At 4 quid it's worth a punt but the TRD ones are arguably not worth it, it's likely that because these are not physically screwed on that they are totally useless but hey ho!

I just bought a set of these on Amazon (£4.65 for a set of 4). They arrived today and I haven't had a chance to fit them yet.

My main motivation was that they claim to "Reduce noise and vibration when closing the door." As I have a wife who appears to be congenitally incapable of shutting a car door without using all of her strength to slam it, I am (marginally) hopeful that they may help things a little bit.