Sign in to follow this  
Willtl

Tyre pressure

For people with the stock tyres, are you all running at 35psi for road use? I would like to soften up the ride a bit and was wondering whether it would be safe to knock a few psi out of the tyres to see if that improves things for me.

35 psi is the recommended pressure. Mine were at 32 before I pumped them up the other day and to be honest haven't felt any difference between 32 and 35. The other guys will tell if it is safe to go below that without putting uneven wear on the tyres. 

Draw a line of chalk across the tyres, roll slowly over a flat surface, see where the chalk gets rubbed off to tell where the contact patch is.

Over-inflation will leave chalk on the shoulders of the tyre with the middle bare. Under inflation will tend to rub the shoulders clean, but not the middle. Camber has an effect too, so you have to take that into account. It's a poor-man's wheel alignment test - far from perfect.

I've been running 32PSi for 2 years now and feel better. no issues with tyre wear but then again I dont do the miles. Only 8 k on mine from new. But going to add 2k to that in a week with another euro trip in June