Sign in to follow this  

Toyota Yaris GRMN

5 minutes ago, knightryder said:

Given the Mini JCW is £24k before options, this won't have any options (or no necessary ones) so I guess it's not really overpriced.

I was thinking of it as more of a natural competitor against something like the fiesta st or 208 Gti which are around £20k but maybe you're right and they're going for it as a full on bonkers special more along the lines of a mini GP.

43 minutes ago, Deacon said:

I was thinking of it as more of a natural competitor against something like the fiesta st or 208 Gti which are around £20k but maybe you're right and they're going for it as a full on bonkers special more along the lines of a mini GP.

I would always expect a Japanese car to be more expensive than a Ford and the French offerings and a little cheaper than the German ones.

Just looking at the Clio, it's pretty much bang on £20k, but add the Cup and Climate Packs and some nice paint and you're at £22k, the Trophy is £22.5 before any extras.

Polo Gti would still be cheaper though, no? It'll be a bit of a hard sell without any heritage to speak of - but if they only want to shift a thousand that'll be no bother...

Most tempting hot hatch for me at present is the BMW 140i. Proper wheel drive, proper engine, proper bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't it will be the exact same engine as used in the lotus and sc corolla. For a start I'd expect it to use a new more efficient direct bolt on eaton charger in place of the old M series. Though the top gear article does say something about lotus...

8 hours ago, Ade said:

I don't it will be the exact same engine as used in the lotus and sc corolla. For a start I'd expect it to use a new more efficient direct bolt on eaton charger in place of the old M series. Though the top gear article does say something about lotus...

It's a totally different engine. It's the new 1.5 engine bored out to 1.8. I think the reference to Lotus was about handling. A term often bandied about it seems. 

33 minutes ago, Lauren said:

It's a totally different engine. It's the new 1.5 engine bored out to 1.8. I think the reference to Lotus was about handling. A term often bandied about it seems. 

Evidence?

24 minutes ago, Deacon said:

I'm betting it'll be a version of the lotus elise sport engine

I think it will be heavily improved and probably given a new engine code. 

On 17/03/2017 at 7:53 AM, Ade said:

Evidence?

I think it will be heavily improved and probably given a new engine code. 

Yeah, spoke to Richard and he got the info from Jamie at Deeside where the engines are built.