GT86Bob

Standard car? Join me!

Hi All,

I'm posting this in the general section not the competition area as I hope to encourage those of you with standard cars and who aren't regular competitors to enter the Toyota Sprint Series. They've got a special class (class N2) for bog standard GT86/BRZ. No mods are allowed at all, you've even got to have Primacy tyres, so it's a really cheap way to enter the competition. Also you don't need fancy clothing or an MSA competition licence. There are 6 rounds and you can enter as many or few as you like. I'm going to  have a go.  Can I entice anyone else to join me? Always more fun with others in your class.  We'll be slowest, but it'll be a laugh I'm sure.  Here's  the link you need  - Toyota Sprint Series - you don't have to enter a championship as such, you just enter an event and you're in. (At least that's how I think it works).

Come on people, there must be some stock cars out there! We have four already in the N1-S class and that will rise. Bob, you should aim to see if you can beat some of the N1 Class. :)

Yeah, you can enter any round you want. Everyone gets entered into the championship, but you need to five rounds out of six to do that. But plenty just do a few rounds to see how they get on. 

Can anybody explain how insurance works when it comes to TSS as I'm guessing normal track day insurance won't cover you as it's technically competition driving?

Any recommendations on where to get a decent deal from and what sort of prices I'd be looking at or do most people not bother?

Thinking of possibly entering a few rounds this year if funds allow. Not stock though sorry @GT86Bob

Sadly I haven't found anywhere decent, Morris were asking for about £300 per round a year or two back which is about double what they charge for track day cover. But they do have a no claims bonus like scheme.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

You won't be insured and track day cover won't work of course. 

You can get motorsport insurance (I did this for my first ever trackday in the GT86, though I've not done it since). You insure the car for a given amount say £20K as an example. The excess is £20% so £2K in this scenario. Cost was about £165 (in 2013). I must admit I don't worry about it. Pretty sure that no-one insures their car for the Sprint. 

On 20/02/2017 at 7:19 PM, GT86Bob said:

Hi All,

I'm posting this in the general section not the competition area as I hope to encourage those of you with standard cars and who aren't regular competitors to enter the Toyota Sprint Series. They've got a special class (class N2) for bog standard GT86/BRZ. No mods are allowed at all, you've even got to have Primacy tyres, so it's a really cheap way to enter the competition. Also you don't need fancy clothing or an MSA competition licence. There are 6 rounds and you can enter as many or few as you like. I'm going to  have a go.  Can I entice anyone else to join me? Always more fun with others in your class.  We'll be slowest, but it'll be a laugh I'm sure.  Here's  the link you need  - Toyota Sprint Series - you don't have to enter a championship as such, you just enter an event and you're in. (At least that's how I think it works).

Does the n2 class require a unmodified interior? I mean in regards to radio and speakers?

Audio stuff doesn't matter, so not a problem. Unless you think some banging tunes will help your times? 

So no mods that would have any impact on the performance of the car. 

Well that's stripes out then... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk