xxJaRxx

I don't own one yet...

Hi guys!

I'm James and I'm from the midlands. I currently own a Clio 200 (a proper one, not the new turbo) and I absolutely love it. I've had it about three and a half years now and still look forward to driving it every day :) Hopefully some pics below if the links work.

I've been looking for a weekend/track/project car for a while now and after originally setting my heart on an S2000, I eventually talked myself out of it - questionable handling and no stability control on cheaper examples.

Finally decided on a GT86 and although I haven't got one yet I'm actively looking and waiting for the right one at the right price. The plan would be to tinker and supercharge - probably the Jackson Racing kit but I'll start another thread about that as I have some questions about it and the high boost pulley.

I'd also love to have a passenger ride in a supercharged 86/BRZ so if anyone in the midlands area has one and is feeling generous let me know :)

Anyway I will keep searching Autotrader and will hopefully join the fold soon!

James
DSC_0297-3.jpg
DSC_0382-3.jpg
DSC_0784.jpg
DSC_0119.jpg
DSC_1522.jpg
DSC_1684.jpg

Welcome aboard, James, good car the Clio RS 200. :)

Look out for some localmeets. There is a Midlands breakfast meet this weekend. You'll probably find what you're looking for there and it's not uncommon for people to give passenger rides. Good luck with the search. :)

As the guys mentioned above, pop along to the meet on Saturday. By the looks of the list, I'm the only forced induction car going so far, and mine's turbo, not supercharged, but will be more than happy to take you for a spin.

Welcome to the club, I do miss my Clio 200 a bit and I too think the new 200 is a let down compared to the previous proper 200.  Would have loved to keep the Clio but I couldn't afford keeping both but having the 86 as a track toy is a great plan!

@xxJaRxx

Welcome to the GT86 Drivers Club...

...I'm from Stratford-upon-Avon too... you'll probably see me around in my Supercharged 86.

If you ever want a try in mine to make your mind up just let me know

16196011_10154128657326646_5662900173331456136_n.jpg

Edited by chris_9011
I was a fool

Thanks for all the warm welcomes :)

I don't think I'll be able to make the meet on Saturday unfortunately. Hopefully the next one though!

@chris_9011 Surprised I haven't already seen you around. I actually live 10mins down the road in Wellesbourne but go to the gym most days in Stratford. Thanks for the offer, it'd be great to meet up for a chat and see what a supercharged 86 feels like. Will have to arrange something soon. Which kit do you have?

James

13 hours ago, xxJaRxx said:

@chris_9011 Surprised I haven't already seen you around. I actually live 10mins down the road in Wellesbourne but go to the gym most days in Stratford. Thanks for the offer, it'd be great to meet up for a chat and see what a supercharged 86 feels like. Will have to arrange something soon. Which kit do you have?

Hi James, yeah no worries, we'll arrange something...

...the kit is a 5-axis