TTR

TTR's San Remo BRZ

37 minutes ago, Lauren said:

My pads are driving me bonkers, to the point of where I'm looking to change them, just for a quieter life! 

Why don't you try Ferodo DS2500, you have been in my car on track and it breaks really well and no fade and not a lot of brake dust!...they cost the same as oem though £150 for front set

Just now, MikeB said:

Why don't you try Ferodo DS2500, you have been in my car on track and it breaks really well and no fade and not a lot of brake dust!...they cost the same as oem though £150 for front set

I've heard that the DS2500's are dusty as hell! 

18 minutes ago, TTR said:

Nope not a problem, yes the produce dust but nowhere near as much as other pads and does not eat into your wheels 

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

My pads are driving me bonkers, to the point of where I'm looking to change them, just for a quieter life! 

Should hear my pads, front left doesn't have any copper grease on which has made that one squeal louder :D I must be only person who likes them to squeal!

31 minutes ago, MikeB said:

Too expensive. Not paying that much. Under a £100 is preferable. The Project Mu's were expensive, but shite. I've only done about 5K miles on them. Not making that mistake again. Kev found me some PFC's for £50 for the fronts, but the rears are £129, so not keen on that. I may just go back with the Stoptechs. Their quietness being the main selling point. 

1 minute ago, Lauren said:

Too expensive. Not paying that much. Under a £100 is preferable. The Project Mu's were expensive, but shite. I've only done about 5K miles on them. Not making that mistake again. 

What pads were you on previously? 

Stoptechs. Much preferred those. In all honesty, I think comparing the stock pads, to Stoptech and Project Mu, they're all the same in the end. They will all fade away, so I'm starting to think it's just money for old rope. 

37 minutes ago, TTR said:

4 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Stoptechs. Much preferred those. In all honesty, I think comparing the stock pads, to Stoptech and Project Mu, they're all the same in the end. They will all fade away, so I'm starting to think it's just money for old rope. 

You said you always liked the Stoptech's and at least you tried the Mu's

The project mu hc800+ can take more heat. The tradeoff is dusting and squeal. For your application a milder pads works so great, but its a fantastic pad for someone like Tashan who smoked a set of yellows in one trackday.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My hc800+'s don't squeal at all - they're quieter than the stock pad. They've done Oulton Park, Blyton and several thousand road miles. The difference is I bedded them in as Project Mu recommend.

2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I wasn't able to bed my pads in, having a dog in the car being the main issue. I did bed them in at Blyton at the sprint which I wouldn't recommend. 

So saying they're shite because they squeal seems a bit wrong considering.

10 minutes ago, Deacon said:

I think the best way to solve that is a BBK. If it doesn't solve it, you still have a BBK. Everyone's a winner! 

Just waiting on a price for the Stoptech 355mm kit B)

24 minutes ago, Deacon said:

Not really. Just because you followed the manufacturers instructions which were not included with the pad and your's dont' squeal, doesn't mean that everyone else has the same experience. I looked for a bedding in procedure, there wasn't a definitive one that I could find. 

The squealing is driving me mad. I don't want to buy a new set of pads after about 3K miles or whatever it is, but I'm coming close to that. 

In all honesty, a quiet pad is right at the top of my list of requirements. I sprint my car mostly, so brake pads don't hugely matter. The only time I've had a problem with pads on track is when they're getting a bit thin, like at Oulton in February and Castle Combe at Japfest 2015. As long as there is enough meat on them they all work fine really, including stock pads. 

The Stoptechs were the quietest pad I've had. 

Mine had a little leaflet too but i just went out and smoked them until I could see a nice blue transfer layer on the disc. They do glaze and squeal like dieing pigs but you just need to stomp on them a bit to rebed them again (i.e. get the nice transfer layer).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yep, they certainly quieten down if I brake hard. I did get them really blue on the discs at Blyton in the first few runs. I do tend to find though that I'm barely using the brakes on the road in day to day driving through, which obviously makes them louder and louder, so it seems!

26 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Not really. Just because you followed the manufacturers instructions which were not included with the pad and your's dont' squeal, doesn't mean that everyone else has the same experience. I looked for a bedding in procedure, there wasn't a definitive one that I could find. 

29 minutes ago, Lauren said:

And just because you didn't follow the manufacturers instructions and do get squeal doesn't mean everyone else has the same experience. It also certainly doesn't mean the pads are 'shite'.