TTR

TTR's San Remo BRZ

1 minute ago, Mike said:

In sport mode right? Not sure how you managed to get it to slide that much :D 

Nope, traction control was fully off haha.

4 minutes ago, TTR said:

Nope, traction control was fully off haha.

With the slide that makes sense, just I've rarely ever seen the traction light flashing at me with it all off. Only time it has is under heavy braking and when driving on snow

Here's my best lap of the session. Loads more time to be made getting used to the way the ABS reacts under trail braking, generally braking later and sorting out my heel and toe. Also messed up the line into copse, but the front tyres were pretty munted at that point haha.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

With the slide that makes sense, just I've rarely ever seen the traction light flashing at me with it all off. Only time it has is under heavy braking and when driving on snow

I have had it quite a bit then again I wasn't being gentle with throwing it sideways :lol:

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Oh it does it loads, at least for the first time you do it, then it seems not to do it so much. I tend to pay little attention to it, when driving on track. 

15 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Oh it does it loads, at least for the first time you do it, then it seems not to do it so much. I tend to pay little attention to it, when driving on track. 

I always thought it only came on when the car was actually doing something. I should probably be paying less attention to it anyway :D 

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I always thought it only came on when the car was actually doing something. I should probably be paying less attention to it anyway :D 

I've noticed it flicker on the road with TC off. But hadn't noticed on track, was too busy avoiding understeer :lol:

48 minutes ago, TTR said:

I've noticed it flicker on the road with TC off. But hadn't noticed on track, was too busy avoiding understeer :lol:

Might get round to sorting a camera out so you can see the wheel / dash and see if it does come on. I almost always see the shift light flashing at me so would expect I'd see the stability one too.

So I've had the stock exhaust back on for a week now (still got the TD UEL on). Sounds decent from behind, but sounds like absolute ass in the cabin. So will be looking at catback options soon. 

In other news I got my new 9.5s fitted on the front courtesy of @Tuned UK. So I'm running 235/40/18 PS4's all round now and 1 bronze wheel :lol:.  Poke is a little silly at the moment, but will be needing an alignment soon to get a little camber up front so that should sort it. 

Will get a photo up when the car is clean! 

39 minutes ago, TTR said:

So I've had the stock exhaust back on for a week now (still got the TD UEL on). Sounds decent from behind, but sounds like absolute ass in the cabin. So will be looking at catback options soon. 

This is what I found too - sounds decent from outside but not so great from the inside 😕

1 hour ago, TTR said:

Simple fix for now, keep your windows open to hear the outside noise :lol:

14 minutes ago, Tareim said:

Simple fix for now, keep your windows open to hear the outside noise :lol:

Still doesn't really help :lol:

Can literally only hear it from directly behind haha. 

7 minutes ago, Deacon said:

So what are you thinking of going for @TTR? Still the one you mentioned before?

Briefly chatted to CGR about a custom catback, so looks like it'll be that!

38 minutes ago, Deacon said:

Thoughts that what you had already?

Nah mine was an over-pipe back. Just so loud with the decat manifold :lol:

On 11/03/2017 at 6:02 PM, DanJ said:

Presumably you can reuse a lot of the existing exhaust?

From the CGR System or the stock one? 

5 minutes ago, DanJ said:

The CGR one.

Nope. Gonna put it up for sale. Just not going to be quiet enough with a decat manifold no matter what parts I mix and match. Tis the way I specced the system, in hindsight I wouldn't have been such a child :lol: