Falix

New BRZ owner

Hi all,

Not used forums properly for years, but figured I wanted to get stuck in again.

I bought my WR Blue BRZ back in October, and documented collecting it and driving round the Highlands here:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=47&t=1631757&nmt=The+Scottish+Subaru+BRZ+adventure&mid=162448

Will try to get to some meets this year, seen a few around Milton Keynes now, so a local meet could be fun, it got suggested on the Facebook page but I've deactivated my account.

Thanks!

Congrats on the purchase and a very good way of getting to know the car round the 500. You are well placed for meets. It's still the middle of winter so there is a limit to what is happening, but keep an eye on the events and social meets section for stuff coming up. :)

21 minutes ago, Mikey P said:

Another member local to MK, does your car now have aftermarket smoked rear lights now? If not I saw another blue brz last weekend too.

Sounds like Kierans, his is the only blue BRZ I know of with Smoked Valentis in MK. 

17 hours ago, Ztox said:

Welcome to the club, quite a few members round your way :)

Any further plans for the car?

Yep, rear lights have to go, the car needs an exhaust and ideally a set of 18s with some sticky rubber on. I'd like it lower but live near some horrible speed bumps, and quite like just sailing over them now.

Boost eventually, or an engine swap, depends on funds.

14 hours ago, Mikey P said:

Another member local to MK, does your car now have aftermarket smoked rear lights now? If not I saw another blue brz last weekend too.

Nope still OEM, just a change of wheels visually, and the Performance Friction/Yellowstuff combo on the car.

Totally up for local meets!

On 1/10/2017 at 9:06 AM, Falix said:

Yep, rear lights have to go, the car needs an exhaust and ideally a set of 18s with some sticky rubber on. I'd like it lower but live near some horrible speed bumps, and quite like just sailing over them now.

Boost eventually, or an engine swap, depends on funds.

Nope still OEM, just a change of wheels visually, and the Performance Friction/Yellowstuff combo on the car.

Totally up for local meets!

Until the evenings get a bit lighter I guess weekends are going to be better than weekday evenings for a local meet. I can do either of the last two weekends in February, any good for you guys @Falix @TTR @Mikey P ?

2 hours ago, DanJ said:

Until the evenings get a bit lighter I guess weekends are going to be better than weekday evenings for a local meet. I can do either of the last two weekends in February, any good for you guys @Falix @TTR @Mikey P ?

Probably, helping my housmate prep his MK1 Golf for Ultimate Dubs mid March, so earlier in Feb suits me, but we run a weather risk.

I don't mind holding on till the weather breaks and we can do midweek evenings?

3 hours ago, DanJ said:

Works for me. I know a few on the "other side" that'd be up for this too.

I can't do early February, so shall we go for the 18th Feb and try to organise one for March as well?

Plenty of good pubs/restaurants in MK to work round :-)

4 minutes ago, DanJ said:

I can't do early February, so shall we go for the 18th Feb and try to organise one for March as well?

Plenty of good pubs/restaurants in MK to work round :-)

Works for me, Lunch at the Prince George? :D

I'm definitely going to be without my car on the 18th Feb whilst its in the bodyshop, but still up for a get together and a bite to eat that day. We ended up eating at the Old Beams last Sunday, but I'll be at the Prince George on Weds next week so will speak to them then.

I would agree caldecotte arms is a good location for meet, i havve organised lotus Elise meets there years ago and been to mr2 and mx5 meets there (might want to miss the mx5 owners club meet night as there is alot of them) .  Car park is large and would be able to all park down one end away for general public it's also fairly well lit for evening meets. The food is ok and very cheap. 

There's plenty of parking at The Prince George as well and the food is nicer but pricier.

The Caldecotte Arms is just round the corner from me, but I don't have a strong preference either way.

@Mikey P do you know which night the MX5 owners club meets so we can avoid?

There's a midland breakfast meet on the 18th February now, so we don't conflict shall we go for 25th February instead at the Caldecotte Arms?

Think the mx5 lot meet on a Thursday Eve (2nd or 3rd of month I think) weekends are more busy with general public though, personally can't do 25th but go with what ever suits others as will never please all, and I will try and make the month after.