Lou_m

Hello from Fife

Hi all. I finally bit the bullet and bought a GT86 yesterday. I was quite lucky to get 2, 45 minute test drives round my local roads. I decided to buy this as a daily driver/fun car. Over the last 6 years I have had a VX220 turbo, Elise S and another VX220. I do miss the performance of those cars but I think I'll still have fun in this.

Anyway, first pic yesterday waiting to get the winter tyres fitted. Quite surprised how soft the sidewalls are on the primacy tyres!

New headlight bulbs ordered already and just waiting for my plate to go on.

Cheers

DSC_1309-01.jpeg

Previous toys

IMG_0003.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

11071543_10153225432955127_2148445380449827052_n.jpg

Nice car history. You're one of the few owners for whom the '86 will be a step up in plushness and practicality :-)

You've made the best mod already. The Primacies are awful. Mine drives better on the winter rubber even though I'm running that on 16' wheels ;-)

When it comes to summer you might want to consider putting something else on and saving the Primacies for the next owner :-)

As for feeling slow - it's mainly the lack of torque in the midrange. That can be fixed with a few cheap(ish) mods and a remap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Luckily, my mate owns a tyre fitting garage up here. Think I'll be going through rears at quite a rate! The winter tyre sidewall is way stiffer than the primacy. When you lift the tyre carcus the sidewalls just flex and don't hold their shape compared to most tyres. Apparently a lot of the Michelin tyres have quite soft sidewalls. I also have access to a hunter alignment machine so will probably get a set of from camber bolts before getting it up on that.

7 hours ago, Keethos said:

Congrats and welcome to the club!  Any other mods planned at all?

Cheers. No doubt over time I'll do some stuff to the car. As it is a daily, I don't really want to lose driveability. I've changed coilovers etc on the VX's and ended up making it worse for the B roads up here. A bit more power would be nice!