long-gone

Fault codes P0351 & P0352

Best it's done before the remap as they will get a bit iffy otherwise. I still need to book mine in for the same. Coil pack seems to be so common I've just not bothered replacing, had the fault code for a good year now lol

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

I get the p0351 engine light only when I flat out accelerate hard in full auto... With sport mode,  Been driving in semi auto for now 5 months not once has it returned,  so sensor likely for me.  But Toyota saw the code but as it's totally random they couldn't regenerate the fault...  So yeah weird. 

I had my coils replaced a month ago or so . The code still comes up. Guys in Toyota said that it is turbo fault which after discussion with Fensport shouldn't be the issue. Any one has any other ideas? I don't think its the injector seals as I don't have any pops in the engine.

What about wiring? My last car liked to let moisture into the HT leads, and then there's the trigger for the code. Tolerances must be tight on the voltage profile of the coil, so what about grounding? The car is a bit young for rusted earth points though. :unsure:

7 hours ago, nerdstrike said:

What about wiring? My last car liked to let moisture into the HT leads, and then there's the trigger for the code. Tolerances must be tight on the voltage profile of the coil, so what about grounding? The car is a bit young for rusted earth points though. :unsure:

A good point don't forget the window guides are rusting on some cars

7 hours ago, Lauren said:

I don't see why you couldn't change a coilpack yourself. Depends how much they are. Think it was around £30-40 when I was offered one. 

AH is that it? I saw £100 quoted somewhere but £30 isn't too bad!

It's bizarre Motorline are messing around with courtesy cars and workshop time investigating and swapping coils around over £30.

18 hours ago, Lauren said:

I don't see why you couldn't change a coilpack yourself. Depends how much they are. Think it was around £30-40 when I was offered one. 

All well and good if you're adept with a spanner. Most aren't these days.

Good point.

It would be ok for me, but I presume you need to go in from the bottom to change these? A lot of people with on street parking etc aren't going to have the jacks/facilities to raise the car safely to change them. I've had 3 coils fault on my 20k mileage car so far, this could get to be a right faff out of warranty if you don't have the facilities to change them easily.

I think it's always worth having a jack and axle stands. I admit, I have an AE86 too, so well used to sticking that up in the air. I have a driveway and container too, though not a garage at my house. I'm sure most people will know a friend with a garage or driveway and likely a pair of axle stands and a jack to sort it. 

It is annoying though that they do seem to be such a common fault. But you're okay till 5 years are up or 100K, so some time yet for most to go I would say. 

But, if you can do it from the top, then it's far less of a faff really. 

6 minutes ago, rob275 said:

You don't need to jack the car up to change them, can be changed from the bay though you'd do good to have the hands of a 10 year old. Or more preferably, just a 10 year old. That way you won't get judged.

Surely that depends on how you acquire the 10 year old?

That's good to know it can be done without jacking up. Still, it would be nice if Toyota/Subaru could actually fix the design fault with them before owners have to start paying.

I've been bitten by a stupid part in a Subaru gearbox previously, some mastermind decided to save a couple yen by changing a metal cog inside the gearbox for a plastic part (cost £1) on my model year, that cost me a grand all-in for a full gearbox rebuild when it stripped out of warranty.