Sign in to follow this  
tegunulgener

HELP!!! Strange noise from the supercharger

Maybe a bearing or something. Not advisable to drive it. Well, I wouldn't. But that's just a barely educated guess. Better to be on the safe side and to be fair, it doesn't sound good. 

Can you put the stock belt on and lose the supercharger and just run it NA? 

Speak to Mark in the morning, send him an email with the vid, see what he says? 

That's what I'd do and just hit the gin etc in the meantime. 

I would remove the belt and see what it sounds like then. One thing I will say is DO NOT OVER FILL THE CHARGER WITH OIL. It will do damage. Running it a little bit low if better than too much. Bottom of the dip stick. 

Oil is on the line. Never over filled. So I consider kinda lucky in that manner but again, it is very difficult to see on silly dip stick.

I've sent an email to Mark and waiting his reply definitely. Strangely, this screaming noise is loud when idling but quieter when rpm goes higher. Since it is dark and very cold, cannot do anything about the belt and also I have no tools here. All I need to know is if it is dangerous to drive like this. I had to drive earlier (probably few hundred yards) and realised the sound that time. Strangely, no boost loss. (I didn't push hard or anything) Didn't feel any difference on driving but the noise.

42 minutes ago, tegunulgener said:

Oil is on the line. Never over filled. So I consider kinda lucky in that manner but again, it is very difficult to see on silly dip stick.

I've sent an email to Mark and waiting his reply definitely. Strangely, this screaming noise is loud when idling but quieter when rpm goes higher. Since it is dark and very cold, cannot do anything about the belt and also I have no tools here. All I need to know is if it is dangerous to drive like this. I had to drive earlier (probably few hundred yards) and realised the sound that time. Strangely, no boost loss. (I didn't push hard or anything) Didn't feel any difference on driving but the noise.

I wouldn't like to comment on whether its safe to drive without doing further damage. I would ring Abbey early in the morning I know mark gets in before 9 often.

22 hours ago, tegunulgener said:

Definitely! I am not going to drive. I sent an email to Mark already and waiting for his reply. Cheers people. I will update the post for the future who might in need.

Did you get this sorted?

Hey people... I fixed it. It was really a silly thing but it's always better to be cautious than sorry, isn't it?

There are 4 screws on the sensor piece attached to the intake manifold. All were loose. Tightened them up and VIOLA! Noise has gone. I wonder why the screws (4 of them) were lose?

Thank you one more time for your concerns. 

IMAG0130.jpg

4 minutes ago, tegunulgener said:

You should see my face lol 

Glad you for it sorted and it was nothing major!!

You might want to top your coolant bottle for the charger up its on the low mark.