Keethos

Yellow Speed Racing Coilovers

19 minutes ago, Ztox said:

You've got me worried about the Flex As now as I was planning on going as low as I can get away with... :lol:

Don't worry they'll go 60+ mm low. Your axles will give out before the flex a's! 

1 hour ago, Keethos said:

How does that make them Balloon tyres?  He's running bigger wheels with them.  And what difference does that make seeing them travel further into the arches than I would have imagined?  Also, turns out he had them of the softest setting.

(not always the case) but generally tyres with less sidewall will give better performance over the same tyre but a higher sidewall

37 minutes ago, Tareim said:

(not always the case) but generally tyres with less sidewall will give better performance over the same tyre but a higher sidewall

.......what's that got to do with anything?

37 minutes ago, Tareim said: (not always the case) but generally tyres with less sidewall will give better performance over the same tyre but a higher sidewall

.......what's that got to do with anything?

Sorry for some reason I didn't finish my ramblings before posting (being distracted) you asked about what affect the balloon tyres had, while including the above, balloon tyres will offer a bit more suspension to a certain extent. Just look at F1 and their Balloon tyres which do a lot of the softer side of the suspension

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

At no point did I ask about the affects of balloon tyres to performance, I was questioning Lauren's comment on Will having Balloon tyres, he's running 245/40 (on a 9J wheel), the side walls will only be slightly bigger than 215/45 that we run......I then went on to asking how having balloon tyres equates to the increased suspension travel at lower speeds i.e. the wheels getting tucked into the wheel arch.

6kg is relatively soft so you will still get quite abit of roll. Wills car looked lowered quite a bit so the wheels will tuck right up under the arches. Also as you lower the car past about 20mm the car actually rolls more due to the dropped roll centre.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 05/08/2016 at 3:46 PM, Deacon said:

Don't worry they'll go 60+ mm low. Your axles will give out before the flex a's! 

I was referring to his wheels going up in the arches, I'll probably have them quite stiff though.

Won't be going too low, exhaust sits lower down than most...