Sign in to follow this  
Ztox

HSD Monopro coilovers

Has anyone had any experience with or have an educated opinion on these? Thinking about what coilovers to get and I was pretty set on Flex As but I've seen these lately. At £865 they seem pretty cheap compared to other monotube setups. I know you get what you pay for and all that but they've made me think...

I'm also aware that a twin tube setup is probably better for road use but y'know, 'coz racecar' 'n' all that...

I've got them and only really got them cos they were 2nd hand and going really cheap.  They come with 9kg fronts and 7kg rear so pretty stiff, but no stiffer than my Clio with the Cup pack so I can live with it, handles big bumps very well and even better on track but you do feel every little defect on the road.  I've actually started to get a rather loud knocking noise from the front driver side.  I tried e-mailing them via their website but I don't think it's working, either that or they're ignoring my messages as I asked if they can be serviced and rebuilt.  I'm very tempted to change them for something else at the moment and Teins are definitely up there on the list.

Cheers guys.

I was talking to Rob and he mentioned that you had them @Keethos but wasn't having much luck with the customer services. I'm not bothered about a potential lack of comfort (you've heard my car :lol:) and was perfectly fine with having a rock hard setup for the sake of it really lol. Not at the expense of quality, however and it does make you wonder why (I think this is true) every other monotube setup is north of £1k.

Unfortunately I'm getting wheels, coilovers and rear control arms all at the same time and can't blow £1.5k on coilovers at the mo. As said previously though, they probably aren't ultimately the best for road use so sod it :D

37 minutes ago, Ztox said:

I'm not bothered about a potential lack of comfort (you've heard my car :lol:)

My ears are still ringing from the Toyota GB event.... :(

3 hours ago, CanaryWundaboy said:

My ears are still ringing from the Toyota GB event.... :(

I decided it was a good idea to stand right behind it down low to check the db reading on Jeff's sound meter, I think I'm still deaf from that day at Amber Performance 127db!!!