Sign in to follow this  
popkid

Ferrari Engine swap!

Just trying to think of a reason you'd want to do that.

I mean I like my 86, sure, but I think I'd rather have my Ferrari motor in an actual Ferrari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a drifter. It's a marketing ploy. More advertisement for him and his team = more sponsorships and funding for his career.

Mad Mike does the same thing every year, puts some crazy engine in a small car (quad rotor in the MX5 for example). It helps get their name out their for sponsorships. Good business.

17 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Anyone put a Porsche flat 6 in? Or the 3.0 litre Subaru unit for that matter... You'd think that might make more sense...

If everyone did everything that made sense then the car sense would be boring :P I'm quite looking forward to seeing how this comes out! I'm a big fan of Tuerck, and if Gumout are prepared to fund it I bet it's going to be an animal on the outcome! 

27 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Ah - I knew I'd seen one somewhere. Subaru flat 6 here... Now this appeals to me a lot...

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/08/engine-swaps-turbo-power-86-style-spotlights/

and here is how it sounds, note the exhaust opening up at the end?

Yes - I just like flat sixes though

I know there's plenty of precedence for a lightweight sportscar with a v8 shoehorned it though - going right back to Cobra, Sunbeam Tiger and MGB.