Kieranidus

New exhaust system.

Hello 

I'm looking into getting a new exhaust system in the near future but I don't want drone I don't mind a little. It's out of the inividia n1 which I know has drone but sounds epic, or invidia q300 which has no drone at all and sounds really good when you put your foot down or my last option is a custom catback or decat exhaust system. 

Regard 

Kieran 

The Q300 is dead quiet, even if you remove the 2nd cat as well you only get any noise at really 4.5k+ RPM. Great is you like subtlety, not so great if you want to feel like you're getting what you paid for. Of course if your longer term plans include replacing the manifold etc then it's perfect. The N1 is droney on the motorway even with the 2nd cat in. Each exhaust sounds different so you're best off hearing a few and making your decision based on that.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replys. I've been looking for afew months now, thing is I do 50/50 on moterway and normal roads so drone will effect my long drives. Is there a exhaust where we can put a muffler in which takes afew minutes to put on and take off  to stop droning etc like on other japanese cars such as the type r? I will do further research to find the perfect 50/50 I need on a exhaust system that's right in the middle.

Regards 

Kieran

I wouldn't call Q300 dead quiet, imho it's more of 'stock quiet', but with better tone. And yes, very popular choice among those that want to keep sound level reasonable if used with catless aftermarket header.

1 hour ago, Kieranidus said:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replys. I've been looking for afew months now, thing is I do 50/50 on moterway and normal roads so drone will effect my long drives. Is there a exhaust where we can put a muffler in which takes afew minutes to put on and take off  to stop droning etc like on other japanese cars such as the type r? 

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Kieranidus said:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replys. I've been looking for afew months now, thing is I do 50/50 on moterway and normal roads so drone will effect my long drives. Is there a exhaust where we can put a muffler in which takes afew minutes to put on and take off  to stop droning etc like on other japanese cars such as the type r? I will do further research to find the perfect 50/50 I need on a exhaust system that's right in the middle.

Regards 

Kieran

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/hangers-and-accessories/inv-n1silencer-invidia-exhaust-silencer-n1-systems-101mm

does look silly installed though, makes it pointless having the system if you get that

13 hours ago, Kieranidus said:

Regards 

Kieran

Hi Kieron,

We'll be completing our GT86/BRZ development exhaust next week and could offer a system with a centre silencer mounted on a set of v-bands which would take 5 minutes to swap.

Means you can go out on a weekend with a louder system than through the week and it would be a dead easy job to swap them over :)

Even easier it it would be in some form of valve, that reroutes or passes through exhaust gas depending on state with no mounting/unmounting involved, just by pressing some small lever or switch inside cabin :). IIRC there should be some veldable or mountable on valves for exhaust, actuated electrically or via some metallic wire?

I would love an exhaust system that could be made louder at a push of a button like a lot of the new sports cars such as the F type jag

I have UEL header and H&S to the back (no silencers no cats, just 2 H&S Backboxes).

I'ts loud on cold start, loud under load. But cruising nearly no drone and can be driven very quietly.

Under load can set off alarms and make children cry. :/

Although i rarely take the car to work (once or twice a month) i have a 1.5 hour each-way commute mostly the M62 motorway, no drone unless i go above 4k rpm.

It's hard to get anything you want for "Cheap" especially when your playing with cars.
Unless drilling holes in your exhaust is your thing

Also make sure you block up that godawful induction noise.

8 minutes ago, Tareim said:

I would love an exhaust system that could be made louder at a push of a button like a lot of the new sports cars such as the F type jag

It's called a gas pedal? :)

3 minutes ago, Cal said:

It's called a gas pedal? :)

Gas pedal? what's that

having a loud exhaust isn't going to do you any favours with the neighbours at 5/6am so having an option for anti-social hours would be nice

11 hours ago, CGR Automotive said:

Hi Kieron,

We'll be completing our GT86/BRZ development exhaust next week and could offer a system with a centre silencer mounted on a set of v-bands which would take 5 minutes to swap.

Means you can go out on a weekend with a louder system than through the week and it would be a dead easy job to swap them over :)

That would be great, it will be nice having best of both worlds 👍

14 hours ago, Cal said:

Also make sure you block up that godawful induction noise.

Lol my exhaust is so bloody loud I don't have a chance of hearing that so haven't bothered yet.