bert

Young newbie forum user

Good afternoon all! :)

Young GT86 owner from Scotland, absolutely car daft.. I have been wanting to get more involved in the forums since i got the car as the community surrounding our beloved projects looks awesome!

Little bit about me..

Have always been into cars as far back as i can remember, as soon as i was tall enough to reach the mark on the wall i was mad about karting and engines and anything really that has 4 wheels and goes broom!

My Gt86 i own at the moment is a result of saving for a "fast car" from a young age, i left my job about 9 months ago where i worked 80 hour weeks in a bar/restaurant for two years and put away as much money as i could to get my hands on one (My original goal was a supra :ph34r:) Ever since i seen the 86 and learnt about the whole ethos behind the car i fell in love with everything about it:wub:

I am so passionate about making a car your own and i have so much respect for anyone who modifies there car to their tastes, it is the ultimate form of expression in my eyes. 

Anyway!  Enough of the soppy stuff...

On to the car so far...

Own a pearl white 2014 Gt86

Performance

KW V3 Coilovers

Superpro Front & Rear anti-roll bars

Work D9R's 18x8.5 / 18x9.5 wheels with Yokohama AD08 Rubber

M Factory 4.67 Final Drive

M Factory Helical Diff

Cosworth Exhaust system /w remap (getting swapped not had a good experience with it...)

Cosmetic

Valenti taillights and headlights

SHARKFIN ANTENNA!

HT Autos gloss black lip kit (doesn't count as it was destroyed by a suicidal rabbit!)

Plastidipped interior

CGS turn signals

Voodoo shift knob

Australian spec black interior trim pieces

A couple tasteful stickers

Black exterior trim painted Gloss Black

To add

High level brake light to be installed once rear window is tinted

Drift works rear camber and toe arms (just came in:D)

Looking at going forced induction in the future if the new job goes well and had a great chat today with Mike from Tuning Developments who enticed me to join the forum and was more than willing to talk about my needs and circumstances, very much appreciated!

That's enough about me and i would like to see what everyone has done to their car and what their plans are for the future! Looking forward to getting as involved i can here :) 

Oh! if anyone has a tuning developments kit on their car please let me know how you like it as i am seriously considering them to be the backbone of my build and would love some customer feedback on them, even though Mike already has me sold!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and can hopefully speak soon!

All the best.

Bert.

Welcome aboard, Bert, you've come to the right place! That's a long old trip down from Edinburgh, but next time you're down let us know as there are plenty of us around the Manchester area and we're always up for a meet up. There are some owners with the Tuning Developments turbo kit on their cars and a number of us with remaps from there. :)

Hi Lauren, thanks for the warm welcome :) 

It is quite a distance but what better excuse for good drive haha! That sounds great i'll be keeping my eye out for meets and track events so hopefully i will be able to meet a few faces then. I'll have a little scout around and see how people are getting on with them, looks like an awesome kit. I am planning to make a trip down to see Mike so might give you guys a shout!