undercharged

Hi from faraway

Hi guys! I've bought my GT86 about a month ago.

I live in Central Asia, namely Kazakhstan, where they only used to import BRZ for a short period of time, but I've got a white 2012 Toyota delivered from a neighbouring state. So pretty rare beast here. It is a euro-spec 6-speed automatic with paddle shifters, beautiful frameless rear view mirror, heated leather and alcantara seats and a steering wheel on the left side, sorry about that. I still think that I would feel myself at home here because in the US they have Scion with Edison bulbs in headlights and everything in miles and gallons.

Do you guys all have a full-sized spare wheel in your bonnets? It sort of sticks out a bit. :)

Photo 01-04-2016, 18 51 02.jpg

Hi there and welcome aboard from far, far away! Always great to see the perspective of other owners from around the world. We don't get a spare wheel in the UK, though a few have put one in their car. We just get tyre foam and an air pump. It sounds like the spec of your car is very similar to the UK. Many of us have the leather/alcantara heated seats as an option. :)

Do you have any plans for the car in terms of modifications? And perhaps for my curiosity, is it easy to get aftermarket parts where you are? 

Thanks for a warm welcome, Lauren!

Yes, I do have some mods on my wishlist. The first one is a rear view camera to aid reverse parking. I've already got the camera itself, just waiting for a plug-and-play harness and will proceed with a DIY installation.

Speaking of serious modifications, though, I'm determined to go for 18-inch wheels with proper width and offset for better look and grip. Subtle lowering will follow. Aftermarket parts are almost non-existent here, so everything has to be found overseas and imported. On the bright side, the rule of law is virtually non-existent here too, so everything within common sense is legal.