richardcarman

Hello from me and the BRZ

Congrats and glad you're enjoying it. Any head unit will be better than the OEM one but as for aerial, you can easily go stubby or shark fin. There are various shark fin ones around, the more expensive ones like the beatsonic ones are good because they go over the existing aerial base and connects to it where as I brought a very cheap one off ebay (about a tenner I think) but this removes the aerial completely and in order to have the aerial to work, you'll need to splice the existing connector to it which I haven't bothered as I don't listen to the radio at all.

I do like my Alpine head units. Granted not cheap, but very good. 

I have had one of these along with a custom pro-install of everything else for three years now. 85K miles and still going well, navigated the Alps twice. All good. http://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/navigation-systems6/ine-w925r

11 hours ago, richardcarman said:

Seen a 2" Perrin might try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tested both the 2" and 4" perrin antennas for tarmac sportz a couple of years back and found the 2" terrible for reception, so opted for the 4" which in my opinion looks better and performs much better than the 2".

Give Chris at @Tarmac tarmacsportz a call for prices

post-263-0-44816800-1423505908.jpg

Got a sharksfin from a company called light in the box. Loads of colours supplied with but or bolt fittings and goes over existing Arial fixed in place with a 3m pad. Looks the business and works. All for 13 quid. 

On 10/05/2016 at 9:38 PM, Mark-in-Stoke said:

I tested both the 2" and 4" perrin antennas for tarmac sportz a couple of years back and found the 2" terrible for reception, so opted for the 4" which in my opinion looks better and performs much better than the 2".

Can I ask how the Perrin 4" compared with the stock aerial for reception?

90% of my listening in the car is to Radio 4, and there are a couple of places on my daily commute where reception gets very noisy, so I'd like to try replacing the stock aerial with a better one. I don't care what it looks like, just what it sounds like, so if anybody knows of a better aerial, regardless of shape or size, please let me know.

They don't perform any better, they're just shorter and (IMHO) look better.

The 2" is dire, the 4" is what I have on and I'm happy with it.

Thanks. Don't suppose you know what the screw size is for the connector (e.g. M5, M6)? - I'm wondering about trying an 18" or 20" from eBay and seeing if that helps.