TTR

Simply Race Sim Night

Hey guys and gals!

Pretty new to the forums so keen to meet some of you and chat to like minded people! (This will be my second attempt, I was at Japfest but i was way too shy to come up and talk to anyone :rolleyes:). 

I think the idea has been proposed on the other forums. But would anybody be up for having a bit of a social and a Sprint or Grand Prix at Simply Race? :D

http://www.simplyrace.co.uk/

1. TTR

2. Deacon

3. rob275

4. DanJ

5. Leevsfortyone

6. Keethos

7. Knighty

8. Ztox

9. Camilz

10. S18 RSG

11. Rossie

12. Omer86

13. Mike

We tried to do something similar before and it fell on it's head. Lets actually make this happen because I think it would be an awesome social :) 

Perhaps if we get some numbers together we can then look at prices. 

Would be awesome fun. I know the guy that opened up the place, he used to be a Manager at the track I Karted at when I was a kid. So hopefully should be able to work something out on prices!

Ahh awesome, well i'll edit your first post with a list of interested people. Also welcome to the club, don't be shy... Everyone's friendly, some people are a bit too friendly :o 

I'm up for this, if we're short of numbers from club members alone there's plenty of petrolheads at work who'd be up for it as well.

38 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Ahh awesome, well i'll edit your first post with a list of interested people. Also welcome to the club, don't be shy... Everyone's friendly, some people are a bit too friendly :o 

Thank you for the welcome! But surely you can never be too friendly? :D

What an awesome idea! I'd be totally up for this, again if numbers are light I've got a couple of friends who'd be able to come along!

I was in the same boat at japfest OP. I managed to talk to Rob as he was very close by to a car I was admiring!

So up for this! Looks like they might be running rFactor which is a bonus :)

I don't really mind what day it is although if everyone can do it, I'd be up for booking a Friday night unlimited.

I could also bring a +1 if we struggled to get the numbers but I reckon we'll do alright.

29 minutes ago, TTR said:

Glad people are up for it! :D 

Are weekends generally better for everyone? Or evenings during weekdays?

Saturday ideally for me or Friday if it had to be. Unless it's in a school holiday then pretty much whenever.

I'm definitely up for this (date dependant). However, like Ztox mentioned, Friday night might be the better deal, as otherwise its a long way to drive to sit in a chair for 30 minutes. I'd much rather dedicate an evening to something like this.

That being said, I'll struggle to free up a Friday for some time, as I'm running Friday training sessions for the next few weeks.

2 hours ago, Ztox said:

So up for this! Looks like they might be running rFactor which is a bonus :)

I don't really mind what day it is although if everyone can do it, I'd be up for booking a Friday night unlimited.

I could also bring a +1 if we struggled to get the numbers but I reckon we'll do alright.

30 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

I'm definitely up for this (date dependant). However, like Ztox mentioned, Friday night might be the better deal, as otherwise its a long way to drive to sit in a chair for 30 minutes. I'd much rather dedicate an evening to something like this.

That being said, I'll struggle to free up a Friday for some time, as I'm running Friday training sessions for the next few weeks.

Yeah I think Friday night Unlimited may be the way to go. I forget not everyone is local to Milton Keynes :D

Well, looks like we've got the numbers! I guess we can either go for the 60 minute practice or the Friday Night Unlimited. Both £25pp, We do get more time on the Friday Night Unlimited (An extra 15 minutes) but on the 60 minute practice we do have the advantage of booking it at whatever time suits everyone rather than being tied down to the Friday. Plus we get to choose the tracks and the cars for each 20 minute session :D