dannGT

Collected my car

Picked the car up today and have to say I bloody love it, I can see this being a happy friendship. :D Just spent an hour putting some polish on, now I finally have a car worthy of polish again I'll need to get stocked up on some decent cleaning equipment.

One quick question the under bonnet area is covered in green slimey gunk, is this some sort of protective coating added at the factory or has my car been driven under the sea

image.jpeg

Congrats! If you want to have a poke around a few other cars there will be a few in Scunthorpe tomorrow (Fri) night as the Toyota Sprint is starting at Blyton on the Saturday  :) . Thread is around on these forums with details.

The green gunk is supposed to be there - and you'll probably find some of it burns off over the first couple of hundred miles making a horrible smell.

Don't panic like I did and call Riceburner thinking my wiring loom was melting or something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info on the green stuff. Has my OCD kicking in as it makes the engine bay look a mess.

Still getting used to driving the car, after over 6 years driving only diesels the throttle is taking some getting used to as it doesnt need a big shove with my boot to make it do something

1 hour ago, nikndel said:

Green slime gunk sums it up where in Lincs are you?

I'm just on the south side of the humber bridge, being nice and close to Blyton park I'm looking forward to some track days later in the year. I would have come over this weekend but I'm stuck with the on call work phone this weekend.