Squadrone Rosso

Instrument binnacle pod - in leather?

I have a black Alcantara one which was retrimmed by T&M. They will do custom jobs too so if you mail them I'm sure they can sort you out. Take on board Marks point though, it will reflect onto the windscreen. It doesn't bother everyone though. Whilst mine was away being trimmed I had all the gubbins exposed which are partly white, they reflected onto the screen quite significantly but I didn't really notice it.

Cheers for the replies. I think I'd source a used one & get it done.

I understand that it's only held on by one screw?

Another thing that's bugging me is the fit of the soft touch plastic dash around the central vents. Any ideas about this?

Cheers @rob275. @Squadrone Rosso I can help you out with a custom one, I have a pattern in my toolbox and have a few alcantara ones made up ready to advertise on my Pinktrim section on the forum. So a custom leather one would be no problem. Drop me a pm if interested.

1 hour ago, AJ124 said:

Cheers @rob275. @Squadrone Rosso I can help you out with a custom one, I have a pattern in my toolbox and have a few alcantara ones made up ready to advertise on my Pinktrim section on the forum. So a custom leather one would be no problem. Drop me a pm if interested.

depending on the price I'd be interested in an alcantara one

Reflection bit, yes. Reason i plan in future alcantara one. Don't know how good/bad it is with leather vs stock material, but hoping that alcantara will reflect less.

... for those with good eyesight or contact lenses. For we spectacle wearers, not so much. :(

TBH though, glare of/from the binnacle has never been an issue for me, though I'm quite tall sat down so maybe that's the difference?

On 04/03/2016 at 8:30 AM, daidaiiro said:

... for those with good eyesight or contact lenses. For we spectacle wearers, not so much. :(

TBH though, glare of/from the binnacle has never been an issue for me, though I'm quite tall sat down so maybe that's the difference?

do what I am doing and get yourself down to specsavers and get some prescription sunglasses so you can keep your visibility whilst having shades on

£86 fitted to a new hood. TBH, exactly what I'm after:-

Toyota GT86 2012-15 gauge hood core + installation FREE SHIPPING by RedlineGoods https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ISF70KC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_vda3wb4MD2F67

@AJ124, how long until you can get the spare pods to do a plug & play part?

It's the wife's car & there's no way she'll drive it with a bit missing :(

T&M was £65 and £10 back if you sent your binacle in to them if I'm correct. That was the alcantara cover which IMO would look much better than leather. Their website is down though so might be worth seeing if you can get contact details from Google. They also did re-trimming of the main dash panels too to match.

Will be interested to see AJ124's results.

40 minutes ago, knightryder said:

T&M was £65 and £10 back if you sent your binacle in to them if I'm correct. That was the alcantara cover which IMO would look much better than leather. Their website is down though so might be worth seeing if you can get contact details from Google. They also did re-trimming of the main dash panels too to match.

Will be interested to see AJ124's results.

Odd, it was working a couple of days ago. I emailed them with a question and not yet had a reply.

Squadrone Rosso: be careful. No matter what is in pics, but "Colour Name: Black leather-Silver thread" in that amazon link

As opposed to red thread?

You can select what you want.

These are interesting too:-

Toyota GT86 2012-15 dash pad core + installation FREE SHIPPING by RedlineGoods https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ISF63MS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_QRc3wbB2SGME3