Subota Boy

Valenti reverse/fog light

Hi Nik

Just unclipped the old unit and plugged in the new.  There is a red wire that can be attached to deliver other combinations of lighting.  I have not pursued this yet.  Swapping the units was quite fiddly due to lack of space between the back box and bumper.

Keith

Nik, I believe they can be wired to operate as a brake light, but don't know if you have to change any connections within the lamp itself.  Some guys in USA have had to fiddle with the internals, but I believe their light combinations operate differently anyway due to US law.

OK after checking my car the rear fog and reverse are in the standard lamp so say 2 function the aftermarket ones seem 4 function having another brake light and tail light in them so I am assuming you would have to wire these in to existing loom?

16 hours ago, Mark-in-Stoke said:

I changed mine to the red triangle being the fog light and the v bar is normal lights on. Did this in April 13 and struggling to remember what changes I had to make.

Do yours have the f1 style brake light? As standard

Mark, I have no idea whether the unit has the flashing brake option.  The diagram seems to suggest the triangle can work separately from the v-bar, but not necessarily as a flashing item.  The diagram not very clear and the text in japanese.

Hey all

My brother and I have wired this up as per the modbargains tutorial...

Tap 1: light blue bumper to blue tail loom - this makes V light and fog light come on when headlights engaged

Tap2: extra red in bumper to red wire of tail loom - as standard this makes the dumb fog light flash three times on braking

whatever happens, at present with above set up, when headlights are on, both the V and the fog are always on!!!

so I checked it this video below and went for option THREE to get the V light only with the tails...and the red light to work as a brake light provided it's tapped to the red wire in the tail loom as above

however I need to get the fog wired in to the car to pas MOT

Disconnecting the red to red tap leaves me with a red wire straight to the fog light!! After changing light internals to version 3 of above video

BIG QUESTION

where is the fog light cable in the back of the car from the steering wheel

In the boot, Valenti bumper light connects to a harness with a pink, black and yellow cable. Maybe the yellow is the rear fog? Is this right? I'm just guessing as YouTube vids of yanks cars don't have three wires so no one has described it.

if so, all I need to do is tap the extra wire from the bumper light to the right wire and we have a rear fog and NO silly extra brake light.

please help guys...loosing will to live ;)

Hey all

My brother and I have wired this up as per the modbargains tutorial...

Tap 1: light blue bumper to blue tail loom - this makes V light and fog light come on when headlights engaged

Tap2: extra red in bumper to red wire of tail loom - as standard this makes the dumb fog light flash three times on braking

whatever happens, at present with above set up, when headlights are on, both the V and the fog are always on!!!

so I checked it this video below and went for option THREE to get the V light only with the tails...and the red light to work as a brake light provided it's tapped to the red wire in the tail loom as above

however I need to get the fog wired in to the car to pas MOT

Disconnecting the red to red tap leaves me with a red wire straight to the fog light!! After changing light internals to version 3 of above video

BIG QUESTION

where is the fog light cable in the back of the car from the steering wheel

In the boot, Valenti bumper light connects to a harness with a pink, black and yellow cable. Maybe the yellow is the rear fog? Is this right? I'm just guessing as YouTube vids of yanks cars don't have three wires so no one has described it.

if so, all I need to do is tap the extra wire from the bumper light to the right wire and we have a rear fog and NO silly extra brake light.

please help guys...loosing will to live

I don't know where the cables are but why don't you follow the original socket? Also you can follow the fuse?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Not sure about the bumper light loom on the car, sorry.

It seems like you're trying to achieve what I've got, I followed this guide http://www.86forums.com.au/index.php?/topic/1634-valenti-reversing-light-v-as-position-light-mod/ where I changed the wiring inside and then the extra red wire just went into the headlights/position wire on the tail lights, think it was the blue one as you say (can check by following the red wire of the car loom through the plugs.

This gives me just the V on with the headlights, and the fog and reverse working normally. I have no fog flashing at all.

Thank you!!! :D

my brother and I plan to undo everything we've done, and repair any tapped wires.

im going to canabalise the stock light as I chopped of the pin for the blue wire as per mod bargains video. So I'll replace that with some solder and shrink wrap. Just got to follow those instructions to get the inside of the lights working again!

thanks for the reply guys. I'll let you know how the 'fixing' goes. Cheers!

If you do to follow the guide I posted at all @ABs_GT, bear in mind that the pictures are of an old version on the light and you probably have a version like me. The concept is the same, the wires are just different. If you get stuck at all, look further down the thread and you will see people explaining exactly what to do with the new version to match the old.

Good luck :)