So then a barrel of oil is the cheapest it's been for 11 years, so does that mean the price of fuel should drop to the same price it was in 2005? Back then it (super unleaded) was between £0.91-£0.94 a litre. So that's what about £0.15-£0.20 cheaper yeah?

#alwaysgettingfleeced

On;y paid £43 to fill up with V-Power yesterday, considering my Ibiza was £50 with normal diesel I didn't feel that was too bad!

Of course in the '86 I'm going through it much quicker for some reason... :rolleyes:

On;y paid £43 to fill up with V-Power yesterday, considering my Ibiza was £50 with normal diesel I didn't feel that was too bad!

Of course in the '86 I'm going through it much quicker for some reason... :rolleyes:

Don't be fooled though it's expensive:

e8e795cd7f19b073e83142b69f408671.jpg

Don't forget back then fuel duty was 4.5p less (2007 figure) and VAT was at 17.5% so there's half your costs. The rest will probably be blamed on increased operating costs and having to save money due to record fines issued for environmental damage.

the fuel price wont drop until their stock of the higher price barrel of fuel has been depleted, as soon as they move onto the fuel from the cheaper barrels that's when the prices should start dropping

The best I've managed is 112.9p per litre for V Power Nitro which is all I use. Problem for me is that I end up using Keele Services on the M6 a lot where it's 120.9p.

Price for fuel in Malta is €1.31 (£0.97) and we only get 95RON ;( (well they say it's 95RON, when me and a buddy of mine did tests the bests we found at stations was 93RON)

you can imagine the frustration of running a tuned car here...

I filled up on Momentum 99 from Tesco yesterday. Yes, Tesco, not Shell. So far I've used BP, Shell and Tesco and not noticed any difference between the three other than Tesco being cheaper (paid £1.04 per litre yesterday). Maybe I need to thrash the car to see a difference....