Sign in to follow this  
Lauren

New Top Gear Line up

I actually can't believe that this hasn't been posted sooner. 

But here it is: 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/bbc/12066136/Who-will-be-Top-Gear-co-presenters-alongside-Chris-Evans.html

So Chris Evans as we already knew and two newcomers with Sabine Schmitz and Chris Harris. Also I believe DC will do something of an occasional role. 

Thoughts? 

Chris Evans will be a good frontman I think. 

Sabine, I have a feeling she will do a lot of the silly stuff which is necessary for those that aren't really into cars and what makes TG appealing to the great unwashed. I'm also not entirely convinced as to how good a driver Sabine is. I suspect she'll probably be better than Chris Evans but will be left in the wake of Chris Harris and DC. 

Chris Harris is the jewel in the crown. Not only is he the best driver of the three, his aptitude to be able to descrive in detail of what is going on in terms of car feel and handling, is a real boon. 

I think DC will bring his presenting expertise and obvious knowledge as a previous F1 driver. Which is all good. 

To see how good Chris Harris is, watch this: 

https://youtu.be/q3YPTkBRaOk

Chris used to be an EVO writer, so I've been aware of him for many years. 

I'm actually looking forward to what they come up with. 

LOL. Many years ago I challenged (or I should say my friends put me forward!) Jeremy but he wouldn't have it! 

She has won two Ring 24hrs races a long time ago though. So only if not round the Ring. I somehow think that my paltry 16 laps round the Nordschliefe would give her too much of an advantage. Cadwell perhaps? ;)

I think Harris is superb, top wheel man as well as being able to convey his thoughts on a car.

He just seems to be on the money - like his review of the GT86.

Always comes across like he has a genuine interest to, after owning lots and lots of nice metal. From GT2 / RS 4.0 (how can anyone watch that winter hibernation video & not immediately want to grab their keys & head to Wales) to older M5 / 2CV etc..  looking forward to it....

I'm not sure I would prefer Susie. I guess Sabine's inherent links to TG pasts will bring some familiarity, especially after TG got right into the whole Ring thing some years ago. I shall wait and see I think. 

A pretty good line up in my opinion. I was always under the impression that Sabine was very good behind the wheel but it seems that all I've really seen her do is the Ring, don't know what she's like on other tracks but surely if someone can trans people on the ring in a transit, she can give a lot of people a run for their money on any track and car surely? I would agree though on questioning her presenting skills, he English isn't the best from what I remember and so there's not going to be that witty snappy banter we got with the other 3.

I love Harris, I just hope this doesn't stop him from doing his YouTube videos as I loved watching them, I don't know how much of that amazing in depth reviewing he can bring to Top Gear, I hope they let him do his thing and not just try and script/mimic what Clarkson, Hamond and May did.

A pretty good line up in my opinion. I was always under the impression that Sabine was very good behind the wheel but it seems that all I've really seen her do is the Ring, don't know what she's like on other tracks but surely if someone can trans people on the ring in a transit, she can give a lot of people a run for their money on any track and car surely? I would agree though on questioning her presenting skills, he English isn't the best from what I remember and so there's not going to be that witty snappy banter we got with the other 3.

I love Harris, I just hope this doesn't stop him from doing his YouTube videos as I loved watching them, I don't know how much of that amazing in depth reviewing he can bring to Top Gear, I hope they let him do his thing and not just try and script/mimic what Clarkson, Hamond and May did.

Snappy banter from a German lol

That would be pushing it, the only German I can think of to get English sarcasm, wit and dryness is Vettel.