Twigman

Folding rear seats down

I notice that the Scion FR-S has some straps in the boot that allow the rear seat to be folded down from within the boot space.

My GT86 doesn't seem to have these.

Is it supposed to have them?

I fold the rear seat down often and find it a pain to open the doors, reach in and press the button.

These straps would make things a whole lot easier.

Spoke to TGB.

The ONLY market Toyota supply these straps to is korea.

I asked for a drawing of how the straps secure to the catches so perhaps I might fabricate my own and they gave me this :rolleyes:  USELESS

CV9c_WnWoAA0cTm.png

Now that i've seen this i'm wondering why they haven't done it because it is a ballache. Though that strap is too long, only needs a little strap at the top of the seat. Should be easy to fab something up I imagine.

Made some myself last night from a pair of laces. If you drop the back seat and put a finger in where the release catch mechanism is and press the release button at the same time you will feel a wire rod moving up and down. It's about the thickness of a coat hanger. Just loop a lace around this tie it off and you can have as much or as little as you like hanging. Will see if it's ok over a few weeks then make some loops of webbing and attatch to laces. 

One could make a case for such a mod to be released globally . .

I mean, how often have you been kidnapped, locked in the boot of a GT86 and not been able to get out?

Obviously a serious problem in Korea, where they take "people-carrying" to new heights . .

Spec K. .

I'll have to give this mod a try as it'll make loading track tyres in the boot easier, wont have to climb in through the front to release the rear seats