Sign in to follow this  
Deacon

2013 Tuned GT86

Hello,

I'm considering selling my tuned GT86 so I thought I'd put this post up and see if there is any interest.

It was registered in April 2013 and I am the only owner. It is currently on 20400 miles but this will increase a little as I use it. It has been serviced yearly by RRG in Macclesfield.

Below is a list of the fitted or included modifications. All standard parts are also included in the sale - the only exception to this is that while the stock wheels are included they do not have tyres on the them.

Fitted parts:-

Alloy wheels - I run two sets a winter set from October to April which are 17x7.5" Fox Fx005's with 215/45/17 Nokian WRA3 winter tyres and a summer set which are 17x7" Konig Daylite's with 215/45/17 Federal 595 RSR tyres. The Nokian's have around 6mm of tread, the Federal's around 2.5mm.
RAYS locking wheel nuts 
Cobra cat-back exhaust
HKS Panel filter

Cosworth Panel filter
Toyota badges removed and front and rear Toyota badge replaced with a custom Batman logo
Red alcantara binnacle cover 
Whiteline positive shift bush
Ecutek Remap
HKS oil filler cap
TRD Door stabiliser kit
Japseed front carbon strutbrace
Beatrush master cylinder brace
Anarchy motive gearknob
Premiuim mats red carpet mats
Mtec shift springs
Tein Flex A coilovers
Whiteline front adjustable anti-roll bar
Whiteline rear adjustable anti-roll bar
Whiteline front adjustable drop links
Whiteline rear adjustable drop links
Whiteline rear anti-roll bar mount braces
Whiteline rear upper camber bushes
Legsport carbon duckbill spoiler
Bonnet gas dampers
TRD wing aero fins
TRD front canards (not currently fitted)
Custom headlight adjuster for lowered cars
Cusco rear carbon strutbrace (includes tried to fit boot floor mat and standard boot mat)

Mishimoto red intake hose
HKS oil filter (not currently fitted)

When I bought the car it was treated with Gtechniq exo and this was redone again last year.

Some pictures:-

20150925_185302_Hagrid_Film.jpg

20151004_123743_Hagrid_Clean.jpg

20150707_153542_Hagrid_Nolariod_edit_143

2015-05-13%2019.52.46_Hagrid_Clean.jpg

20151028_124949_Hagrid_Black.jpg

20151029_094002_Hagrid_Clean.jpg

Test drives are available on production of valid fully comprehensive insurance. The car is located on the West Midlands / South Staffs border.

Please note - at the moment I am only looking to sell the car complete with all the modifications I am not looking to part the car out.

I am looking for a firm £18000 including all of the standard and aftermarket parts. This is a bargain and so I won't go below £18000.

Thanks for looking. Any questions please ask ☺

Noooo Jeff you can't leave us, however I will take that rear strut bar if you do part out and the flex A's if you go that far

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Tareim said:

Noooo Jeff you can't leave us, however I will take that rear strut bar if you do part out and the flex A's if you go that far

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

If it doesn't sell as is Sam I'll probably keep hold of it for a while longer and then return it to stock and sell the parts. I'm just looking to sell it as is at the moment.

22 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Are you absolutely sure? That's very pretty... Do you REALLY want a Porsche?

I was just mulling the same the other day (big Porsche fan) and thought I might rather tweak this instead...

exactly this @Deacon do you REALLY want a Porsche? think of the expensive servicing and general day to day owning expenses of a Porsche and that is before anything goes wrong

10 hours ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Are you absolutely sure? That's very pretty... Do you REALLY want a Porsche?

I was just mulling the same the other day (big Porsche fan) and thought I might rather tweak this instead...

It's a tough call. I've wanted a porsche for years and have just missed out on one that would have been perfect. The amount I wanted it and how gutted I was that I missed out on it just made me realise that it's definitely an itch I need to scratch. However, if the 86 doesn't sell it's not exactly going to be a hardship to keep hold of!

10 hours ago, Tareim said:

exactly this @Deacon do you REALLY want a Porsche? think of the expensive servicing and general day to day owning expenses of a Porsche and that is before anything goes wrong

On the servicing front it's not actually that bad Sam. From an independent it's approximately £1000 for 4 years servicing as it's £350 for a minor and £700 for a major but they have 2 year service intervals. The one I missed out on had only done 14k miles, had full porsche service history and had a years porsche warrenty remaining which would cover any niggles that might emerge. It also had new tyres all round 4k miles ago.

Plus I see pictures like this and know I definitely want one:-

FB_IMG_1448817687373.jpg

If the 86 doesn't sell I'll hold onto it for a while longer but I am sure now that the porsche itch needs to be scratched.

One of the cost factors that make the sort of porsche I'm looking at not so bad to run is the lack of depreciation - a friend had the same car I'm looking at, ran it for a year and sold it for a small profit. That definitely helps offset some of the running costs!

Nooooooo, you know my thoughts Jeff, but can't argue about the investment side, my brother in laws father in law (if that makes sense) has an old school Porsche (can't actually remember which) brought it for about £13k 5 or 6 years ago and is now worth £35k or something along those lines....but still....don't do it! You won't be able to enjoy it, sprint it, track it like you do the 86, and maybe not hold its value as much if you do?

6 minutes ago, Keethos said:

Nooooooo, you know my thoughts Jeff, but can't argue about the investment side, my brother in laws father in law (if that makes sense) has an old school Porsche (can't actually remember which) brought it for about £13k 5 or 6 years ago and is now worth £35k or something along those lines....but still....don't do it! You won't be able to enjoy it, sprint it, track it like you do the 86, and maybe not hold its value as much if you do?

I'd still sprint it and enjoy it Keith! It may not make it such an investment but for me cars are there to be enjoyed. Still even if the value just stays the same it definitely helps offset any running costs. Plus that picture pretty much cemented it for me!

If you can afford it Jeff, go for the 981 rather than the 987. It's a much better car.

I had a 981 Boxster S, it was pretty good, but I got bored because I was scared to play with it.

One of the cost factors that make the sort of porsche I'm looking at not so bad to run is the lack of depreciation - a friend had the same car I'm looking at, ran it for a year and sold it for a small profit. That definitely helps offset some of the running costs!

So what are you after then?

I'm lucky as I need back seats. So given that I can't afford a sensible age/mileage 911, the lack of seats meant I couldn't be swayed by the various decent s/h caymans you see. Can't knock them - proper cars.

Mind you, if you buy a Cayenne shame on you

I do know someone who ran a sensibly chosen early 00s 911 Carrera and it didn't bite him financially, but I'm just not that brave!

I'm after a Cayman. Probably 06 or 07 and the 2.7. Ideally in black with pasm, sports buckets, climate control, turbo wheels and pse. No more than 25k miles and ideally with porsche warrenty. 

The one I found ticked all those boxes apart from the sports buckets and pasm. It had only done 13600 miles and had a years porsche warrenty to run and was up for £18k.

47 minutes ago, Nigelr32 said:

If you can afford it Jeff, go for the 981 rather than the 987. It's a much better car.

I had a 981 Boxster S, it was pretty good, but I got bored because I was scared to play with it.

I'd love to go for a 981 Nigel but they're way out of my budget at the moment!

I also prefer the looks of the 986 in some ways - reminds me more of the older porsches which is what I'd ideally have if they weren't silly money.

I'm after a Cayman. Probably 06 or 07 and the 2.7. Ideally in black with pasm, sports buckets, climate control, turbo wheels and pse. No more than 25k miles and ideally with porsche warrenty. 

The one I found ticked all those boxes apart from the sports buckets and pasm. It had only done 13600 miles and had a years porsche warrenty to run and was up for £18k.

Can't really argue with that... :-)

I too would like an earlier one - much earlier... Before I had kids I thought about getting a chrome bumpered 2.2 or 2.4 911 back when they were £20-25k. I thought it was a daft place to put my money - how wrong I was! :-D

Should have bought a 3.2 Carrera five years ago too... Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

But personally I can't afford it, so I wouldn't enjoy it. I can justify the 86 because it's new, under warranty for quite a while and thus 'sensible' thus no big bills - but a Porsche I'd be scared of a big bill coming along.

Bloody tempting though - that's a lot of car for £18k - good job I need the back seats, eh?