Sign in to follow this  
Willtl

A few noobish questions

Will be more to follow, but for now:

1) Had to fill up at Esso with only 97 ron. Anyone use this regularly and is it going to cause any long term problems filling up under the recommended 98 ron?

2) The car seems to want me to change up at lowish speeds, about 26 for 4th and 30 for 5th! Is that normal, don't want to labour the engine.

On 2 - ignore the daft change up light if I were you. It appears to make little sense...

And mine seems to like VPower better than anything else - to the extent I thought I might as well get a Shell points card. Won't do it any harm though - even the odd fill of standard 95 if you'real stuck...

Those change up speeds are fine on the flat (which the regulatory drive cycle effectively is), but you should definitely change down if going up an incline.

IIRC you can change the rpm the shift up recommendation occurs at, or switch it off completely.

7 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Didn't even know there was a change up indicator. I've not been paying attention to it that's for sure and it can't be very bright lol

it's a tiny up arrow next to the gear number

4 minutes ago, Tareim said:

it's a tiny up arrow next to the gear number

Oh that, I wondered what it was. I thought gear indicator but it seemed to just flash up randomly and not really when a gear change should be done so was utterly confused. Odd why it's there when there is a RPM light which is actually configurable. Afterthought maybe?

Yes, you need to turn on the gear indicator. It's a matter of pressing the odometer button IIRC with the ignition on auxiliaries, i.e. first push. You just toggle it on and off. 

1 hour ago, smudge said:
  1. Use V-Power

No Shell garages near me. I went on a 5 mile trip yesterday to where I thought one was, only to find out it was Esso. So my choices are either Esso, Tesco, Sainsbury or Morrisons. :(

1 hour ago, smudge said:
  1. Use V-Power
No Shell garages near me. I went on a 5 mile trip yesterday to where I thought one was, only to find out it was Esso. So my choices are either Esso, Tesco, Sainsbury or Morrisons.

Might not be the best but nothing wrong Tesco Momentum.

8 minutes ago, Willtl said:

No Shell garages near me. I went on a 5 mile trip yesterday to where I thought one was, only to find out it was Esso. So my choices are either Esso, Tesco, Sainsbury or Morrisons. :(

Where do you live?! Shell are taking over the UK market in recent years

No idea tbh, though it's not on by default. Two second job to turn it on though. 

Got a feeling mine was... Never mind - I'll read the manual and turn it off. Don't mind them normally but this one is a bit keen. It would have me in sixth before I'm out of Sainsburys car park if I did as I'm told... :-D

Out of the ones listed mine always felt better on Sainsburys with Esso not far behind (no scientific proof, just using a garage for a few weeks at a time), since remapping it's only ever had v-power.

The gear indicator is a bit pants though, usually begging to shift into 6th at anything above 30.

I put in either 97ron or 98ron and just alter the Map from 1 to 2

Am not going to drive for miles to a Shell Petrol Station !!

I don't think the Auto has the arrow for shifting up and down

Sent from my Archos 53 Platinum using Tapatalk

It does.... RSA spec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

I put in either 97ron or 98ron and just alter the Map from 1 to 2 emoji2.png

Am not going to drive for miles to a Shell Petrol Station !!

I don't think the Auto has the arrow for shifting up and down emoji12.png

Sent from my Archos 53 Platinum using Tapatalk

it sure does, well mine does at least, might only get it in manual mode