Sign in to follow this  
Nicebiscuit

How to spoil an MX5

So the Fiat 124 spider is finally out... Was looking forward to this but unfortunately it looks a bit awkward. Suspect it'll go nicely as that 1.4tb engine is great, but I'm not sure I'd want to look at it every morning. Shame...

06bb33e7cfa01a0f8132ef39a3ef9948.jpg

Lol, I was about to say it looked a bit dodge like, but not in a good way, much prefer the MX5 front but I really like the Abarth, both front and rear look awesome! Amy specs?

1 hour ago, Keethos said:

Lol, I was about to say it looked a bit dodge like, but not in a good way, much prefer the MX5 front but I really like the Abarth, both front and rear look awesome! Amy specs?

1.4 turbo pushing 140bhp and 177 lb-ft where as the US version gets the same engine at 160BHP & 184 lb-ft

same engine as the 500 Abarth

Oh dear. It had so much potiental what a shame, it's ugly. Mazda looks ten times better

I'm with you. Glad some people like it though...

Looking at it again the main issue is that it's too wide and low for the frontal styling.

as someone said on another site, people might like it better if the top grille was pushed back in slightly and possibly had the silver/chrome mesh like the original 124

fiat-124-spider-[2136].jpg

17 hours ago, Keethos said:

Google is you friend:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/fiat/92230/extreme-abarth-124-spider-to-join-comfortable-fiat-version#

Rumours for the 1.75 turbo lump from the 4C etc. Detuned though but at ~200bhp and lots of torques then it will be a monster.

I have to say that when I saw the top pic I thought someone had put a Viper replica kit on a MX-5, not terribly a fan. Never thought that after Chrysler let Fiat engineers put TwinAir engines into the Viper that they'd return the favour and let the Dodge lads style the 124....