Willtl

GT86/BRZ forum split

GT86/BRZ forum split  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you have?

• GT86
    • BRZ

I went for the toyota for a few reasons.. Family have had many toyotas, my step dad had a mk1 mr2, i had 2 mk2 mr2 turbos, my now wife had a mk3 mr2 so that sold it in one level, a natural successor!

I like the ae86 link and all the 86mm aspects of the gt86/brz which goes more with the toyota imo.

I prefer the front end of the gt better (although i do like the headlights on the brz). To add to that the head unit and silver dash of the brz didnt do it any favours for me as i like stock interiors (I'll never say no to some holding monsters though!)... Thats it really! 

For us it was 2 reasons to get the 86 over the BRZ. 

No Subaru Dealers local to me. Not even in the same county. 

And we fell in love with the Orange/Ginger colour ;)

I have two 86's, but can't vote twice.. not fair!!

Didn't buy the BRZ because of silver dash panel and position of the alarm light.

Agree about the alarm light.  Whoever decided on that position - Subaru UK?  I guess it does not stand out so much on the black facia of the newer models. My eye was drawn to it during the test drive, and I thought it would annoy me every time I sat in it if we had bought one.  Wife is driving by the way.  It annoyed her too.

Picture142_zps5f77b398.jpg

Edited by Subota Boy

I didn't even consider the BRZ mainly because my nearest Dealer was Epsom which is miles away from me compared to 3 Toyota Dealers to choose from fairly Local

I didn't like the Silver Dash or cheap Radio Unit and although the Lux Spec had Leather/Cloth Trim,I really wanted full Leather which wasn't even an option on the BRZ

Also at the time the BRZ only had a 3 year Warranty, where as the GT86 had 5 years

I also preferred the front end of the GT86 to the BRZ although the back end finish is nicer on the BRZ !!

So I bought the GT86 version which I am more than happy with and still a very few cars ever seen on the road around West Sussex

Here in Horsham only ever seen :

Yellow GT86

Orange GT86

Red GT86

Grey GT86

The Grey one belonged to a customer of mine and was pretty basic apart from the optional Metallic Paint !

I see the Red one floating around occasionally,but as for the other two,only ever seen the Orange and Yellow one once !!

Loads of BMW's around here though

Sent from my Archos 53 Platinum using Tapatalk

I also preferred the front end of the GT86 to the BRZ although the back end finish is nicer on the BRZ !!

can't say I've ever noticed a difference on the rear of the twins?

I can now cast my vote.:D

I chose a BRZ mainly because there are less BRZs around than GT86s and also less Subarus than Toyotas. After coming from a TVR I wanted something that was uncommon. I think I prefer the colours on the dashboard of the Toyota and also the headset in the Toyota (actually, definitely for the headset, can't understand why in 2015 the stock BRZ doesn't even have Bluetooth, let alone DAB). Got my eye on a Kenwood dual din DAB/Bluetooth touchscreen in Halfords. Hoping there will be a black Friday deal on Friday in which case I'll buy one, otherwise I'll just wait a while.