AVO Stage 4 Turbo kit

Due to a change of plans I am selling my brand new Stage 4 AVO turbo kit. I bought this kit from Fensport in March of this year and have not opened any of the individual packaging. Fensport open the box to check its all there, but that's all.

The cost from Fensport is around £4.5K. I am asking for £4000 all in. I would prefer collection due to the size and weight of the box, but will post at cost if really necessary.

The kit is described on Fensports website in full. It is only recommended for built motors running 400bhp plus.

It has a larger billet turbo and larger inter cooler than the other kits.

This kit could still be used on a stock engine though - you don't have to have a built engine to run this kit so don't limit a potential sale by saying 'recommended' :)

This kit could still be used on a stock engine though - you don't have to have a built engine to run this kit so don't limit a potential sale by saying 'recommended' :)

Agree, you could run this kit on a stock engine. I'm sure Adrian could map it safely, but if that's what you wanted to do, you may as well buy a stage 3 kit??

I guess you could put this kit on, run it conservatively then when you have a built engine, wind her up!!

Nigel, when you say "... selling up..." you don't mean the whole project, do you?

Spec K

Absolutely everything. I've decided that I don't need a car that will allow me to break every speed limit in the land and cause me to drive recklessly.

Come on really, who needs 500 horsepowers and big wings??

Absolutely everything. I've decided that I don't need a car that will allow me to break every speed limit in the land and cause me to drive recklessly.

Come on really, who needs 500 horsepowers and big wings??

Not sure if sarcasm....

I reckon you should just stick to 200bhp Nigel. After all, it's all you need. What's the point if you can't enjoy all that power without losing your licence. My way of thinking, certainly. Have a car that has a better chassis than the engine. It's the way forward. ;) 

Seriously, I am selling the AVO as I will be using the GTX 3071 that was on Steve's car. It did very little mileage and the JDL kit is really nice.

I was planning on swapping the AVO for a Cosworth SC kit at Fensport, but have decided not to twin charge now after so many people have given me reasons not to.

If it doesn't sell, I guess I'll just have to swap it for the SC and put it on my no2 car.

I'm with Lauren. Stock power is perfect for british roads. On track days though it's not powerfull enough to be taken seriously. You end up getting held up on the corners and then getting left for smoke on the straights. It can be very frustrating.

The thing is, Adrian, you can up your power, but there'll always be someone else with more, so it becomes an arms race, which just involves more money. I've not done any trackdays in the last year. I've just been doing sprints where you don't get that problem of course! 

I find avoiding trackdays with annoying Caterhams which all seem to do the straight line junkie thing is a way forward. But really the annoyance of people boosting down every straight only to hold you up at every corner is a problem that will always happen. I think that's why I don't bother with trackdays so much anymore. 

Now that I'm actually driving my daily driver around I really don't like the power delivery at all. It's baulky and quite flat in my opinion.

I'm sure a map would sort it out..

Anyway, anyone want to buy a turbo kit??

Just rev it a bit, Nigel. I find it quite torquey at low revs, even when pootling around it's ample just motoring around town and the like. Maybe it's just a matter of acclimatisation?

Glad your staying around Nigel, you would be missed for sure.

Thanks Kev.

I was gonna keep the wind up going, but gave up early.

There will be some interesting parts for sale in the not too distant future as plans change..

More power arf! arf! ( tim taylor reference)

too much is never enough, in my expierence anyway.

350Bhp in a road car seemed quite normal after about 3 weeks of Cerbera ownership