Boys and girls it's finally come to the point I need Tyers "desperately"

So I have been looking around as I want a cheap ther which is durable I have had the michielans on since I bought her and I've done 30,000 miles which I think is impressive but unfortunately didn't wanna pay 100 quid a Tyre.

So just wanna no everyone opinions on what Tyers I should buy ? I've been swinging towards nankang but I've been told baraham Tyers :/ are actually made by continental.

Cheers, Scouse

I haven't really tried any tires below £100 so I can't really help and I suggest you don't go under £100 per tyre. They are after all what sticks you to the road, cheap tires are unpredictable and everyone I know who has had them has regretted it.

I wouldn't consider the normal nankangs (although their track tyres are supposed to be ok) or other ditch finder brands.

What about something like uniroyal rainsport 3's, etc if it's a year round tyre?

If it's just a summer tyre my federal 595rs-r's have been excellent (but they are a track biased tyre) and were only £65 a corner.

I always used to hear good things about the Toyo T1R in my hot hatch days, they are also probably my favourite looking tyres. I was having a look at them the other week though and demon tweeks were offering them for about £60 a corner in my size so that set alarm bells ringing a bit. Shame they're mid range really...

I would have a google at reviews done my Evo mag and such like to see what options you have for your budget.

For me 2 important things are needed for a performance car are oil and tyres.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/91856/tyre-reviews-best-tyres-2015

http://www.which.co.uk/cars/driving/car-tyres/best-car-tyre-brands/

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/15659/which-is-the-best-tyre-for-summer-performance-tyre-test

etc..

Toyo's are cheap. They're not that good at all, but will do the job if you need to do it on a budget. 

Got my Yoko Advans around £85 a tyre, great upgrade over the standard Michelin. 

Honestly I would avoid cheap sub-brands. Nankangs are crap, avoid at all costs. The problem with tyres is that to a point you get what you pay for. 

The T1R Toyota were good in the day, ran them on a turbo 2000 imprezza huge upgrade on the std for Bridgestone in 2001

Tyres have improved but with the BRZ being a similar weight and bhp world expect them to work okay

That said tyres, brakes, suspension are the most important parts of any car and should not be scrimped on

I will be fitting, either the Yokohama that did week I the evo test, continuing sport contact 5 or most likely eagle f1 asymmetric 2

Nankangs are not "crap" as suggeted above, in fact they're amongst the best budget tyre available.

BUT - although I've used them on many cars, it's certainly never been on anything as precious as a GT86 or BRZ!!! I'd tread (pardon the pun) very carefully when selecting tyres for your car.

Toyo are not as good as they used to be either, I wouldn't buy them again.

I use MyTyres, some great deals there, especially on the Nankangs

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&cart_id=64499222.110.27916&sowigan=So&Breite=215&Quer=45&Felge=17&Speed=&kategorie=6&Marke=&ranzahl=4&tyre_for=&x_tyre_for=&suchen=Show tyres&Ang_pro_Seite=50&sort_by=preis&rsmFahrzeugart=ALL&search_tool=standard&weiter=0

That said tyres, brakes, suspension are the most important parts of any car and should not be scrimped on

I will be fitting, either the Yokohama that did week I the evo test, continuing sport contact 5 or most likely eagle f1 asymmetric 2

Totally agree and a +1 for the Eagles from me! Just ordered a set for my workhorse

Hankook evo worked well on a mattress polo gti, very different car though

Seriously op buy decent tyres, or sell the car. It deserves it, unless of course your like the scary what is my back our front end about to do

Our skoda came with Dunlop sport max on the front and sava intensa on the rear. Hated both in fact the sava were dangerous, only time the back end stepped out in 7 years. Switched to ultrac sessanta, Michelin ps2 and now eagle asymmetric 2. Don't go cheap.

Nankangs are budget tyres which means they are crap. But for a budget tyre where it's all relative they might not be crap, but you're just comparing them to crap tyres. Toyo's seem to be raved about on car forums because they are cheap and do a reasonable job. But remember, there are much better tyres out there. 

I think Eagle F1's are over-rated, though they are just fine if you tend to drive at 7/10ths. Take them on the track and they're no good. 

So it depends what you want to do. Personally spending a considerable amount of money on a car that you like then fitting cheap tyres is a false economy. I'm not going to waffle on about tyres being your only contact with the road and all that. But, what I will say is that whilst any tyre will be good enough in the dry in mediocre driving, they won't have the progressiveness in the wet. And if you drive really hard in the dry or on a track (where driving hard is the point) then your budget tyres will not perform. 

So, I would say Eagle F1's if you don't push your car and want a predictable tyre and don't go on track. 

For track and road Contisport Contact 5's are good. 

For the same again, Yoko Advan V105's have the edge on track. 

Interesting, feedback there. Is that after trying all 3?

Won't be going on a track in my own car but we'll consider cs5 as do drive hard at times

Tbh so far running in had no issues with std tyres

The stock tyres are fine, though lack progression, they last forever though and I've had a lot of fun on them. :)

I've tried all those tyres, albeit on different cars. 

Couple of points. First - and assuming the OP has OEM rims -  we are just over a week to the next new 65 plate and a slug of new GT's and BRZs will be sold. One or two of those may just be to someone who wants to upgrade their tyres very quickly so you may find some Primacy sets with very low mileage become available shortly.

Failing that, and assuming again the OP has OEM rims, there is not a huge price difference between shite and premium tyres, and if you value your safety, and that of any passengers, why would you want shite for the sake of saving less than a ton? In any case there are always deals and offers out there. For example currently Black Circles have got a great deal on Goodyear Eagle F1's with the standard load at £80.30 and the XL at £82.80 a corner (fitted), plus you even get some Tesco clubcard points thrown in.

And on another point, the Yoko Advan 105's (in OEM rim size) seems to have virtually disappeared from most tyre sites and are extremely rare, not sure if that is due to supply problems or something else...

RRG Maccs seem to get the V105's fine I think, like Jamie, I'll be having another pair on next month.

Just to add my 2 pence on the Conti's, they're a great but they wear pretty quick on the rears, mine lasted about 7 months (just shy of 10k miles I think it was).

Totally agree and a +1 for the Eagles from me! Just ordered a set for my workhorse

Rab - I've got F1 Eagles on my Rota rims.

Fitted the Contisport Contact 5's to the TRD rims, they are a distance ahead. Fantastic in the wet.

Spec K

Rab - I've got F1 Eagles on my Rota rims.

Fitted the Contisport Contact 5's to the TRD rims, they are a distance ahead. Fantastic in the wet.

Spec K

Long time no speak auld yin! Hope you are well.

I'm putting them on a Mazda 6 diesel. I'm not too concerned as I'm sure they'll be better than the mismatched budgets currently on it!

Nankangs are budget tyres which means they are crap. But for a budget tyre where it's all relative they might not be crap, but you're just comparing them to crap tyres. Toyo's seem to be raved about on car forums because they are cheap and do a reasonable job. But remember, there are much better tyres out there. 

I think Eagle F1's are over-rated, though they are just fine if you tend to drive at 7/10ths. Take them on the track and they're no good. 

So it depends what you want to do. Personally spending a considerable amount of money on a car that you like then fitting cheap tyres is a false economy. I'm not going to waffle on about tyres being your only contact with the road and all that. But, what I will say is that whilst any tyre will be good enough in the dry in mediocre driving, they won't have the progressiveness in the wet. And if you drive really hard in the dry or on a track (where driving hard is the point) then your budget tyres will not perform. 

So, I would say Eagle F1's if you don't push your car and want a predictable tyre and don't go on track. 

For track and road Contisport Contact 5's are good. 

For the same again, Yoko Advan V105's have the edge on track. 

Judging by the fact the OP says he's done 30k on the original tyres I'm going to guess he's not tracking it, and since he's intent on fitting a cheap, budget tyre, he'd be better buying the best for the money he wants to spend.

I've had the Toyos and the Nankangs recently and the Nankangs were grippier than the Toyos, albeit on different cars. I'm not saying that they'll perform better on a track or when diving at 10/10ths but lets be honest - that's not how 97% of us drive, normally. I'd be interested to know what experience you have or what research you've done into budget tyres to brand them all as "crap" for normal road use.

I can't see you being the kind of person who spends a lot of time researching budget tyres to be fair. I did, because I wanted my son to be safe but also not break the bank if he kerbed them or wheelspun the life out of them.

Couldn't agree more about the false economy factor, and if I went to see a GT86 or BRZ for sale and it had mismatched or "cheap" tyres on it, I'd run a mile. But I was answering the question that the OP asked, I wasn't telling him what I'd do, I was answering what he asked.

4 x nankangs = £155.20

4 x continental = £319.60

I can understand why some would want to save £160+