smudge

Side vent idea

Has anyone looked at actually making the "vent" above the wheel arch an actual vent?

When you remove the vent, I assume it's not straight through to the engine bay, it just sits on top of the skeleton of the body?

Think I've been given a great idea over the weekend that would look better than the standard 86 vents and also function fairly well to allow heat to escape...

The actual hole behind the 'vent cover' is actually very small, it would require a fair bit of cutting and welding to open it up properly

The hole in the skeleton is big enough already, just need the actual plastic bit on the vent cutting to allow it out. I wouldn't go cutting into the actual bodywork

2014-06-22182603_zps367cdaa9.jpg

I'm not seeing much of a hole? Cutting it would see more flow surely.

Depends on how good you are at cutting metal and making it look ok. I would assume you'd want to take the bonnet off to make it easier as there isn't much room up there

I'd most likely get my bodyshop to do it when it goes in for some front end touch ups later in the year

The bonnet hinges would sit in front of the vents but there'll be space around it for the air to travel around. Would it not be easier to cut if you to actually take the wings off?