Solwood

Damage to "carbon" section of rear bumper BRZ

Hi neighbor hit the carbon section this morning, really they only touched it

Sadly it has "torn" the carbon very slightly

What is the best way to repair this.

It was not their fault I heard then put it into reverse and it moved forward. Same thing happened to me when I drove it

Just want it looking less obvious, not going to ask good neighbors to pay for a new bumper

Thanks

Gary

Sorry, you put it in reverse and it goes forward?! I smell bullshit

could have a merc 190e with the dog leg box but a gear stick with a standard pattern on it  :unsure:

Sorry, you put it in reverse and it goes forward?! I smell bullshit

I'm guessing they mean instead of lifting the lockout and putting it in reverse they put it in first by accident.

Seriously put it into reverse and it moved forward, definitely into reverse, at least I  was certain it was.

No bull, which I find offensive and unhelpful and  unbecoming of this forum.

I was there when she did it so I can confirm what happened. I was certain she had put it reverse, Just wish I had moved the cars to make her manoeuvre easier

Will post pictures tomorrow, yes it's the plastic carbon weave stuff that is damaged

I know it's not carbon btw hence the quotes in the title. ;)

That sounds like the voice of experience!!  :D Thank you 

I see you are in Surrey too  - any chance I could come over and you could show me how (as I don't have a heat gun!?) As I don't have a heat gun, I am a baker so happy to bring cake  !!!

That sounds like the voice of experience!!  :D Thank you 

I see you are in Surrey too  - any chance I could come over and you could show me how (as I don't have a heat gun!?) As I don't have a heat gun, I am a baker so happy to bring cake  !!!

Heat guns are great for restoring plactics, it should in theory make it darker. Despite the damage still being there it shouldn't be anywhere near as visible.

Bring it over this Saturday if you like, having a BBQ round mine for the club anyway :)

http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/2763-robs-gt86bq-surrey-part-3/