Foulsmell

Custom exhaust JP Macclesfield

If one plans in future catless header too, i'd get resonating bits in catback too, to lessen drone/rasp.

I was thinking resonated anyway but as Lauren said they will just taylor it to my preference.

Interesting that they'll supply you direct if they are supplying TD. Explains the reluctance with the other poster. I am going to watch with interest, being another local, as I'd probably rather use them...

I do remember with my friends system on a Prelude, it was a little louder than he wanted so they redid it until he was happy... Never heard anything bad

It might help that 11 odd years ago the owner think his name was John? was always interested to hear about my racing exploits and I was nearly on for having them as a sponsor. But, obviously since that time, the people I knew have now left. The work they do on manifolds is just stunning though. You'd see Bentley blowers, classic Maseratis and the like in there having full systems from the head all the way back! 

I remember going to them to get an oxy sensor cut into a Magnex exhaust on my AW11 SC. Due to the SC box the exhaust was really tight to the driveshafts, but without asking they welded in an tiny extra section to drop it 10mm to clear the driveshaft boot! That's what I call service! 

I was warned by Richard that the waiting list is about three weeks. But really nowhere else does better work. So if I have to wait three weeks for my AE86 to be done, then so be it. 

It might help that 11 odd years ago the owner think his name was John? was always interested to hear about my racing exploits and I was nearly on for having them as a sponsor. But, obviously since that time, the people I knew have now left. The work they do on manifolds is just stunning though. You'd see Bentley blowers, classic Maseratis and the like in there having full systems from the head all the way back!

I remember going to them to get an oxy sensor cut into a Magnex exhaust on my AW11 SC. Due to the SC box the exhaust was really tight to the driveshafts, but without asking they welded in an tiny extra section to drop it 10mm to clear the driveshaft boot! That's what I call service!

I was warned by Richard that the waiting list is about three weeks. But really nowhere else does better work. So if I have to wait three weeks for my AE86 to be done, then so be it.

Can't wait to get in there sounds ace.

I like waiting lists. Means they are good. No one goes to empty restaurants!

Right.

Been down to JPs this morning. Got the car on the lift and went through things. Basically you can have whatever you want. They will and can make anything. The quality of the work is really exceptional from the examples shown to me.

I was quoted £890 for a resonated full primary system custom made on the day and fitted. Similar configuration to the Milltek system. Takes one full day to make and fit it.

I have a dilemma.

If I go for the above its an hours drive away, then they need the car for a full day then there is the drive back.

Tuning Developments sell what is in essence the same exhaust. They are 20 minutes from my house, will fit it in a couple of hours along with the positive shift bush for £1000 all in.

Not sure what to do.

I have a dilemma.

If I go for the above its an hours drive away, then they need the car for a full day then there is the drive back.

Tuning Developments sell what is in essence the same exhaust. They are 20 minutes from my house, will fit it in a couple of hours along with the positive shift bush for £1000 all in.

Not sure what to do.

The 1 hour drive back with a new exhaust would sell it for me. An hour to enjoy new sounds, yes please!

I'd go and have it done properly, fitted to your car etc.

You can always pop in to RRG Macc, get a bit of lunch out etc.

Would of preferred to do this but in the end I've decided against it.

I'm going to get the JP manufactured primary exhaust from TD. Whilst there I'll get my 3rd year service done and Hel brake lines all at the same time.