Mark@Abbey M/S

BRZ_GT86 stock sump baffles

Okay finally found a good stock oil sump baffle plate;

Drain the oil , drop the stock sump off, clean the mounting faces , fit the below baffle refit the sump;

better control off oil surge.

Cost £145-00 inc vat Can do a group buy if I get 10 orders I can these for £140-00 inc vat

tEqvH6.jpg
G7D0Jp.jpg

no we are going to add trap doors to your Racer X sump Rob

Sounds like we're making a ghost train :) Let me know when you want it.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

looks nice Mark, but if I can make one suggestion.. make sure the steel balls are not still present in those pop rivets. They sometimes come out.

I assume it's from across the pond?

So these are to help minimise oil surge, not necessarily eliminate oil surge is that correct? How exactly does it work Mark? How much would you charge to fit Mark?

So these are to help minimise oil surge, not necessarily eliminate oil surge is that correct? How exactly does it work Mark?

Think about what happens to the oil in your pan when you accelerate/brake/turn. If you corner too hard then you could see the oil level drop below the pickup meaning no oil in the system and a loss of pressure. When you fit a baffle it essentially prevents the oil just running out the pan due to G forces.

If you look back at my engine build Keith, you'll see pics of the gaping great hole at the front of the engine, where oil will rush up into the front cover. So, picture this, you're braking hard into quarry corner at combe, as you brake you turn righ, then continue to accelerate hard in a tight right curve. All your oil "could" be in the left front cover, not around the pick up, as knightryder has already said.

Whilst something like this can help, it wont eliminate oil surge if you are generating too much G force too often, it isn't a guarantee. In extreme situations such as running slicks and downforce, the oil simply doesn't return to the sump in order to be picked up because the forces are holding the oil in other parts of the engine.

Certainly running road legal tyres something like this can help. I will have one fitted as a safe guard as I do tracks day fairly often.

I'd always recommend having an oil pressure gauge when doing track days. For two reasons:

1) to observe oil pressure drop as oil gets hotter.

2) to watch for oil starvation on long high-speed corners. (you get pressure drop when oil isn't being picked up)

I understood oil surge, just couldn't picture how this stops it, but after looking over at the owners side where Mark (I think it was) posted up a pic of the instructions, then it clicked how this thing works, for some reason I was picturing narrowing the area of oil or stopping it from moving to the sides too much but I've realised that it keeps the oil down.

My car will always be forsale ;) and will remain used properly with new modifications  until it either sells or goes full retard.

As it is now it is unsold and I'm in a premier inn in darlington as have a trackday at croft tomorrow.

Mark has also sent me an updated map :)